2012 Golden Tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Golden Tomatoes

Rotten Tomatoes has given out it's Golden Tomatoes Awards for 2012. These are the top 5 best review horror films of the year. I've only seen one of the them.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides.../genre/horror/
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes has given out it's Golden Tomatoes Awards for 2012. These are the top 5 best review horror films of the year. I've only seen one of the them.

I've only seen two myself. Cabin in the Woods was almost a given considering how its been universally praised. The Innkeepers wasn't bad, though not as good as House of the Devil. The other three have been on my To-Be-Watched list for a while. Maybe its time to bump 'em up up a few notches!

Comment

The House of the Devil was #4 on the list for 2009.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I've seen them all (except The Bay) and The Loved Ones is my favorite, a very twisted film that will stick with you for a while. My favorite of 2012 wasn't on that list but is a little ditty called Excision

Comment

I've only seen the one as well. Never heard of the others. but in general the horror movies you haven't heard of are the better ones. Cabin in the woods number 1? I think not. HORRIBLE movie. Different? YES. Good? Absolutely not.

Comment

The House of the Devil was #4 on the list for 2009.
            A spot lower but with a higher percentage than The Innkeepers. Another one of my favorites was the on the 2009 list: Pontypool. I know not everyone liked it, but it has become one of my favorites. I thought Stephen McHattie put in a great performance as the disgruntled, cynical sock jock. I really need to sit down and watch it again.

Comment

I don't know...having doubts about the Golden Tomatoes. Just checked out 2007 and they have one of the best horror movies I've seen in a looong time listed as Number 4 for the year being beat out by 28 Weeks Later (beyond the opening sequence I just don't see why people like this movie) and 1408 (which is a good movie and I love John Cusack, but just didn't have the gut punch ending that The Mist had). Grindhouse was number 1, but I can't comment since they've been on my TBW list forever.

Comment

Well, in the final analysis, an audience dictates what is good and what is bad. And that's opnly in the short run. Look at The SHining. It was nominated for 4 Razzies in 1981, but 30 years later it's considered one of the greatest of all horror films.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm not a fan of the shining. Until it really gets going(Around the whole "Here's Johnny" bit) its not that good. I prefer King's screenplay as it follows the book, but even though I'm not a fan, kubricks version was still better because of the production value. I'm also not a Steven Weber fan...guy can't act worth a damn. It shouldn't be ranked so highly though in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X