Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Thread: Simon and schuster ghost brothers of darkland county

  1. #41
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    860
    Rep Power
    8
    I've like the tracks that I've heard so far. Haven't connected the tracks with a storyline yet so I hope it's as good as a whole as it is individually.

    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Rolling stone magazine did not like the soundtrack 2 1/2 stars.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,839
    Rep Power
    63
    Looking forward to getting the collection with the book and dvd. I think having the whole package might just bring it all together better.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    10
    Ghost Brothers of Darkland County proof:



    CD front:



    CD back:



    I haven't had the chance to listen to it yet, though.

    John

  4. #44
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Power
    12
    Very nice J. I'm looking forward to this one.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    860
    Rep Power
    8
    This is a good interview with the history of the project.

    http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12958

  6. #46
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    10
    I went to my closest Barnes & Noble yesterday to pick up Joyland, Tin House (with King's story "Afterlife") and Ghost Brothers. I got the first two, but Ghost Brothers hadn't come in yet. It's a 30-minutge drive for me, so Ghost Brothers is going to have to wait a bit.

    John

  7. #47
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,342
    Rep Power
    11
    I got my copy from Amazon today, very cool packaging and I got it $20 below retail, just FYI, Stephen King and John Mellancamp are going to be on Letterman tonight, I'm assuming to promote this

  8. #48
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    3,077
    Rep Power
    15
    Went to Chapters today to get Joyland and Ghost Brothers but apparently they don't have GB. Gotta order it online. Thought about getting it through CD but even with my giftcard i'd still be paying just as much as if I order it from Chapters or Amazon because of the shipping.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,342
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriw View Post
    Went to Chapters today to get Joyland and Ghost Brothers but apparently they don't have GB. Gotta order it online. Thought about getting it through CD but even with my giftcard i'd still be paying just as much as if I order it from Chapters or Amazon because of the shipping.
    I feel for the people in Canada and the expensive shipping, very sucky indeed

    Just saw the Letterman interview and wow, Mellencamp's kid took a swing and connected, quite a nice shiner he had!

  10. #50
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    860
    Rep Power
    8
    Holy cow, when I first saw Johnny Galecki on Letterman I thought he was Joaquin Phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just saw the Letterman interview and wow, Mellencamp's kid took a swing and connected, quite a nice shiner he had!

  11. #51
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,342
    Rep Power
    11
    Tonight, King and Mellencamp are going to be on The Colbert Report

  12. #52
    Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,659
    Rep Power
    27
    Got mine coming from Overlook Connection. It'll be here next week.
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

  13. #53
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,736
    Rep Power
    24
    Purchased mine through CD, not sure when they will get, and send out their copies.

  14. #54
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello - new member here. I've ordered the Darkland package from CD. In case anyone was planning on going to one of the stage productions.....I would highly recommend it! I was lucky enough to see the original play in Atlanta last year. (From Indiana, but big Braves fans & the play opening was happily (yay!) at the same time as the opening season series My husband & I both enjoyed it a LOT! The set was fabulous. The story was definitely King and the music was definitely Mellencamp! Plan to see the new production at one of the Indiana venues this October.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,839
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by mdn822 View Post
    Hello - new member here. I've ordered the Darkland package from CD. In case anyone was planning on going to one of the stage productions.....I would highly recommend it! I was lucky enough to see the original play in Atlanta last year. (From Indiana, but big Braves fans & the play opening was happily (yay!) at the same time as the opening season series My husband & I both enjoyed it a LOT! The set was fabulous. The story was definitely King and the music was definitely Mellencamp! Plan to see the new production at one of the Indiana venues this October.
    Cool....and WELCOME. Hope you join the party often. If you have a collection please share. We love to look at books here..

  16. #56
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    3,077
    Rep Power
    15
    I agree with BW on the CD/DVD packaging now. I like the idea and it looks fantastic. The slipcase it great too but the book should have been hardcover. with the weird softcover it has the discs do not stay in place properly. I am still happy with it though.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Power
    12
    I also ordered this from CD. I'm a bit (highly) disappointed to find out that the DVD does not contain the actual show. I guess I should ask more questions before buying. BTW when do you think this package will ship and is it to late to cancel my order? Listening to a musical CD for a show I haven't seen (and probably will not) does not sound very appealing to me.

  18. #58
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,605
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by copefiend2 View Post
    I also ordered this from CD. I'm a bit (highly) disappointed to find out that the DVD does not contain the actual show. I guess I should ask more questions before buying. BTW when do you think this package will ship and is it to late to cancel my order? Listening to a musical CD for a show I haven't seen (and probably will not) does not sound very appealing to me.
    No problem, just email Mindy to cancel your order!

    For anyone else who is on the fence, here is the description of the DVD:

    "DVD will feature interview footage with Stephen, John and T Bone plus footage of John recording the show-closing song Truth."

    So it doesn't sound like there's ANY show footage, I guess, which is a bummer.

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  19. #59
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    860
    Rep Power
    8
    Hey Brian, any idea when these will ship from CD?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    No problem, just email Mindy to cancel your order!
    For anyone else who is on the fence, here is the description of the DVD:
    "DVD will feature interview footage with Stephen, John and T Bone plus footage of John recording the show-closing song Truth."
    So it doesn't sound like there's ANY show footage, I guess, which is a bummer.
    Brian

  20. #60
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,748
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Hey Brian, any idea when these will ship from CD?
    Brian probably has a better idea than I do, but I think I had said somewhere else on the board that we're still waiting on our copies from the publisher and we are not sure when they will arrive. We do have a handful of copies for urgent orders like gifts and what not.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •