TJCams' Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    And arriving today, my latest Goodreads win!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16260[/ATTACH]
    I read this last week--a fantastic book. As soon as I finished it I downloaded Cutter's other book, The Troop, and am enjoying it as well.

Comment

And arriving today, my latest Goodreads win!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16260[/ATTACH]
      I just bought the Kindle version of this. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Comment

I have heard good stuff about The Troop as well - I will likely grab it at some point.

Comment

Do you ever get that feeling that wants you to stop at your favourite local used book shop........? No..... well I did last night on the way home. The last time this happened, I ended up with my copy of The Stand. Well this time the feeling was spot on...

firestarter.jpg
          firestarter inside.jpg
          firestarter boards.jpg

He has a couple of other King 1st edition I want to grab as well.

Comment

great psychic grab!
            Mike

Comment

Very nice! Every time I do that, they never have anything. Then a friend of mine comes up a couple of days later and says "Looky what I found!" My King-dar is not as sharp as it used to be. There's still a couple of items I'm looking for.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Very nice TJ, been a while since checking the local bookshops, should do a round again soon.

Comment

This place also had (but not longer does) a nice brand new Blockade Billy. I noticed he also has a good copy of Eyes of the Dragon too.

Comment

This place also had (but not longer does) a nice brand new Blockade Billy. I noticed he also has a good copy of Eyes of the Dragon too.
                    Very nice. I grabbed a 1st Trade ed. Eyes of the Dragon from a used book sale years ago for a buck or two. It's cool what you can find if you keep your eyes open.

Comment

Well my spidey senses were tingling again, this time at a Value Village locally.....
                      Cujo.jpg
                      Cujo inside.jpg

And also..... note the poorly cut section in the one pic....
                      skeleton crew cover.jpg
                      skeleton crew inside.jpg
                      skeleton crew pages.jpg

Comment

Very nice grabs! I hate getting miss-cut pages, though I'm sure it adds a certain rarity value to the book.

Comment

I'd be curious if it would add value to it.

Comment

I can't see how it would. As far as I know, the only time a physical flaw does anything except detract from the value of a book is when it was present in ALL copies of a given edition, and only that edition, as it becomes a method of identification.

Beyond that, it's a second printing and, unless you're dealing with The Gunslinger, it's 1st/1st or bust with King =/

Comment

A couple more used book shop pick ups.....
                              mr hands.jpg
                              old off season.jpg
                              I already had the un-expurgated version of Off Season, so not really sure why I grabbed that one!

Comment

As well as these from a new used shop that opened up recently.... they have lots of old sci-fi paperbacks. Even have the old Ace double (back to back) books - Jack Vance, and lots of authors I am not familiar with. Quite a few Heinlein titles too.

sci fi2.jpg

The 2 Clarke books are ones I've been looking for for a long time!
                                Last edited by TJCams; 03-05-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X