No announcement yet.

TJCams' Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I also grabbed a stack of used books from a book sale recently, I need to snap some shots too.

Comment

Nice. Very nice. Very very nice.

Comment

Great adds!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

And today's arrival, via AbeBooks (although I prefer the other version of the cover....)

Fire front.jpg Fire back.jpg

Comment

Never heard of the book or author, but the premise sounds delightfully chaotic.

Comment

You have some great adds there! Awesome!!
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

I discovered it on Goodreads somehow - it does sound like a pretty cool story. Not sure when I will get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  And today's arrival, via AbeBooks (although I prefer the other version of the cover....)
                  This cover was, IMO, a blatant attempt to resemble the covers of Pocket's Robert McCammon novels, most especially Swan Song, which the tagline referenced. (I personally thought Fire was pretty awful. Certainly not in the same class as Swan Song or The Stand.)

ss_10_pb.jpg

Hunter

Comment

I, sadly (yes I know...), have not read Swan Song yet...

As I said, I stumbled upon Fire on Goodreads where it shows you similar books, or whatever it is. It isn't high on my TBR list, but wanted to give it a look, and thought the cover was cool in a simplistic way.
                    fire.jpg

Now, seeing your post.....WOW, very similar indeed, and no doubt intentional.

Comment

Just arrived today - my latest Goodreads win.... ARC of an author I just stumbled upon somehow

montauk front.jpg montauk rear.jpg

I loved Hunter Shea's Forest of Shadows - got it for my Kobo from Samhain - If you haven't checked out his stuff yet, I suggest you give him a try.

Comment

Cool, hadn't heard of him. Nice add.

Comment

Nice. Another author I'm not familiar with.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I found him via Samhain Publishing - have a lot of e-books and also print too. I really enjoyed his Forest of Shadows - I'd give him a try if you have a chance.

Comment

TJ I stumbled on Samhain a while back because of a John Everson tweet and picked up a few books during a 60% off sale, including Shea's Forest of Shadows and Evil Eternal. The only 1 of the group I've read so far is Maynard Simms' The Eighth Witch, but he was a new author to me and I dug the book (a lot). Been meaning to read Evil Eternal for weeks now. It seems they're doing something right over there... maybe Samhain has a finger on the pulse.
                              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

And, didn't post this, but I do own a copy, and am reading it now....
                                mr merc.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X