Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did CD drag you in to the Dark???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tree705 View Post
    I looked on line for a chronological list but couldn't find one, that could help and would be nice to have on the CD website. Thanks!
    Sorry Rich, couldn't really find what the earliest title you ordered through us was. I can tell you Elsewhere is one of the earliest through the new order management system though.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

FYI...this is currently my favorite thread on the board!

Comment

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
        Eighteen years later, my last illustration work with CD is doing about a hundred remarques for the "Exorcist/Legion" book.
        Wish I'd had the money for that one. The work inside that book is great though, so great job! Haven't read the CD version, but I did go through and look at the artwork.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Great work in The Exorcist/Legion, Keith.

And I loved, loved, loved Island Funeral!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thank you very much. Drawing the carp was fun.

Comment

The voices in my head directed me here. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm sorry to say I'm a late comer to CD. I only got on board with the release of Blockade Billy. The good news is I don't plan to go anywhere else for a long long time.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

In 1994 was reading The Stephen King Story by George Beahm. The book mentioned Cemetery Dance Magazine a couple times( think was about Chatter Teeth). End up finding CD info in the books Index. Wrote Rich about a mag subscription. He hooked me up with the old hard copy newsletter. ( still have all the old fliers) In 1995 received my first Issue #22. In 1996 bought my first limited (of any kind) Rick Hautala The Mountain King. The rest is History!!!
                  " a.k.a brother odd"

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    And I loved, loved, loved Island Funeral!
                    Have to completely agree with you. First chapbook I have purchased or read and was very happy with it.
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

I did not know about CD until this April when I stumbled on to The Secretary of Dreams, Vol. 2. Since then I have been playing catch up, ordering titles directly from CD and other sites. My first purchase directly from CD was the Stephen King grab bag. I already know I will be a lifelong fan and I signed up for Twitter just to follow CD!

Comment

I was dragged into the darkness sometime in the Fall of 2007. Read Al Sarrantonio's Hallows Eve for my Halloween read that year and was looking for more of his work. Ran across a copy on Orangefield on ebay and was instantly hooked. Have proceeded to fill several shelves with CD books in the time since!

Comment

I found CD in June of 2009 when I was looking up a list of published Stephen King books and saw SOD on the list. I found the CD site and they still had some copies of the Gift Edition available at the time, so I ordered SOD Vol.1 and pre-ordered Vol. 2. A few grab bags, collector's clubs, book clubs, and purchases later, I have filled a few shelves with CD material...and I'm looking forward to continuing to fill up more shelves in the years to come!

Comment

Like a number of responses my first purchase from CD was Stephen King's "From A Buick 8", since then all the King books from CD and most about his work.
                            A few of the Grab bags and a "Book Club" subscription is a great way to get some great books and to experience other author's works.

Comment

Dark May 22, 2003

Collected Stephen King and needed a reference guide to his books.
                              Found CD Publications and "George Beahm, Stephen King Collectibles: An Illustrated Price Guide" online on May 22, 2003.
                              Purchased the book and subscribed to their e-mail lists.
                              Then came the limited edition books, LT chapbook, LT Signature Series, Grab Bags, Magazines, LT Lonely Road Books, lettered edition books, and ...

I have been in the Dark since. ~AY

Can't find my way out!

Comment

Originally posted by danny View Post
                                In 1994 was reading The Stephen King Story by George Beahm. The book mentioned Cemetery Dance Magazine a couple times( think was about Chatter Teeth). End up finding CD info in the books Index. Wrote Rich about a mag subscription. He hooked me up with the old hard copy newsletter. ( still have all the old fliers) In 1995 received my first Issue #22. In 1996 bought my first limited (of any kind) Rick Hautala The Mountain King. The rest is History!!!
                                Count me among one of the old timers like Danny here. I think I had first heard of CD from an article in TZ magazine back in the late 1980's/early 1990's and by the time I got married in 1993, was full on into collecting Stephen King. I got Stephen Spignisi's big Complete SK book (don't drop it on your foot - LOL!) as a present and was picking up even more of the magazines, etc. that King was in. (I also collected and liked a lot of other authors as well, but King, Koontz, Barker, Straub, Ramsey Campbell, Dennis Etchison and Charles Grant were my favorites and the ones I was trying to do the completeist thing on).

When issue #14 of CD hit the stands, I found a copy in a local bookstore and was hooked. Grabbed up whatever back and current issues I could find after that. Collected every one except #1 eventually (always eluded me for less than $50 and just can't see paying over that for a mag), but someone was nice enough to make me a photo copy a few years back. Then as I got into collecting more signed/limited HC's I would buy them from Overlook, Wrigley-Cross, etc. and eventually online when the internet took off. Subscribed finally back around 1999/2000 and have been one ever since. I've bought, sold and traded countless CD books and magazines over the years now as well (and sell a few new and used titles for publisher friends like CD, Bad Moon, Overlook, Thunderstorm, Tasmaniac, NEP, etc. on the DD website too).

Cemetery Dance was (along with The Horror Show and Deathrealm) the main influence on my own magazine Dark Discoveries in the formative stages. We've went a bit more towards a modern Twilight Zone sort of magazine in the past couple of years since we went color and started doing themed issues, but CD will always have a fond spot in my heart.

- James
                                http://darkdiscoveries.com

Comment

Working...
                                X