PAPERBACK EDITIONS OF KIN & OTHERS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
    Awesome. This is even a better reason to buy these books. Congrats and best of luck.
    Thanks Tim! I have to admit, it's been a fun and enlightening process doing everything from the design to the promotion myself (and I will never bitch about a publisher again -- it's a lot of work.)
    http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
      Great news!
      Thanks Pete!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        Might have to get Currency of Souls when I get money. I still wanna get a hold of The Number 121 as well, though I might still stick with finding a HC copy. Knowing how I am with short story collections (I have a few, mostly from CD, but I am not good about actually reading them. I still haven't even finished Shivers VI or any of the other large collections I have gotten, lol) it isn't a high priority though.
        CD's version of THE NUMBER 121 is far and away the superior one, and easily one of my all-time favorite books. It's a gorgeous edition. If you can track it down, definitely try and snag a copy.

And I'm with you on collections. I'm the same. I think, unlike novels, they exist to be savored bit by bit over time. I have some collections and anthologies here that I've been reading for ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          Thanks for the heads up Kealan. I found out about you through CD. Although I have yet to read one of your books, I do plan on getting one. Heard lots of good reviews.
          Hey thanks, TJ, and I'm glad you found me! As others have said here, I would recommend KIN or THE TURTLE BOY as good places to start. If you do take the chance, I hope you enjoy them!

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
            CD's version of THE NUMBER 121 is far and away the superior one, and easily one of my all-time favorite books. It's a gorgeous edition. If you can track it down, definitely try and snag a copy.

And I'm with you on collections. I'm the same. I think, unlike novels, they exist to be savored bit by bit over time. I have some collections and anthologies here that I've been reading for ten years.
            I do plan to get it, though not sure when yet. Need money first. Will end up having to make room for it on one of my bookcases that has contains all my Signed Limited Editions and unsigned books from companies like Cemetery Dance, but that shouldn't be a problem since I still have some non-small press hardcovers on one of the bookcases. Will probably wait until I move somewhere else though as I will need to purchase another bookcase as well anyway since I am running out of room (less than a shelf left, lol) and have over 20 books on orde still!

I did read King's Full Dark, No Stars straight through without switching to something else between stories, but that is the only collection that has happened with, and was partly because I was just hanging out with my girlfriend (Who I married less than a year later) as well as taking care of her since she had seriously hurt her ankle not too long before Christmas and there was no way she was going anywhere like that and needed help with doing most things since she couldn't walk. That also allowed her family to be able to keep their plans instead of cancelling at the last minute. Don't think either of us will forget that one, lol, was our first Christmas together. Was also the first (and so far only) King collection I have read. I'm sure if it wasn't for the circumstances surrounding it I wouldn't remember when it was I read that collection though. Had to guess on when I read a few books when marking them as read on Goodreads.

Oh, and I would agree with Kin being a good start too. Still reading it, but am loving it. Would be finished by now, but took November off from reading pretty much due to NaNoWriMo and finally have started reading a lot again a couple days ago. Read a little when at my in-laws, but had finished part one of Kin at the end of Oct. so I figured I was at the perfect stopping point and didn't want to start and not continue the next part.
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I found a good price on the CD S/L of 121, but I also need to save money. But I could get the pb from B&N for around 5 bucks all told--seriously thinking on it.

But Kin is an outstanding read!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I highly recommend #121, some great story telling in this one!
                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                I found a good price on the CD S/L of 121, but I also need to save money. But I could get the pb from B&N for around 5 bucks all told--seriously thinking on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                  Hey thanks, TJ, and I'm glad you found me! As others have said here, I would recommend KIN or THE TURTLE BOY as good places to start. If you do take the chance, I hope you enjoy them!
                  Oh, I will grab one eventually. It's great to be able to diversify on the authors I am reading, and I 100% can attribute that to finding the CD website/forums.

Comment

I do plan to get it, though not sure when yet. Need money first. Will end up having to make room for it on one of my bookcases that has contains all my Signed Limited Editions and unsigned books from companies like Cemetery Dance, but that shouldn't be a problem since I still have some non-small press hardcovers on one of the bookcases. Will probably wait until I move somewhere else though as I will need to purchase another bookcase as well anyway since I am running out of room (less than a shelf left, lol) and have over 20 books on orde still!
                    This is exactly the predicament in which I find myself. I recently reacquired three large boxes from my ex-wife's basement, and there are about 300 books in them, which would be fine if my shelves weren't already sagging under the weight of those I already have. But while good sense advises I hold off book buying until I find homes for the current titles, I can't seem to do it.

I did read King's Full Dark, No Stars straight through without switching to something else between stories, but that is the only collection that has happened with, and was partly because I was just hanging out with my girlfriend (Who I married less than a year later) as well as taking care of her since she had seriously hurt her ankle not too long before Christmas and there was no way she was going anywhere like that and needed help with doing most things since she couldn't walk. That also allowed her family to be able to keep their plans instead of cancelling at the last minute. Don't think either of us will forget that one, lol, was our first Christmas together. Was also the first (and so far only) King collection I have read. I'm sure if it wasn't for the circumstances surrounding it I wouldn't remember when it was I read that collection though. Had to guess on when I read a few books when marking them as read on Goodreads.
                    That's one I read all the way through too. An excellent collection. I think I always end up reading King's stuff straight through. Same with Joe Hill's collection 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS, which was superb.

Oh, and I would agree with Kin being a good start too. Still reading it, but am loving it. Would be finished by now, but took November off from reading pretty much due to NaNoWriMo and finally have started reading a lot again a couple days ago. Read a little when at my in-laws, but had finished part one of Kin at the end of Oct. so I figured I was at the perfect stopping point and didn't want to start and not continue the next part.
                    I hope you dig it!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post

Thank you, sir! And hey, if it saves money, I'm always down with the cheaper option!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I highly recommend #121, some great story telling in this one!
                        Thanks Martin! I'm very proud of that book.

Comment

Oh, I will grab one eventually. It's great to be able to diversify on the authors I am reading, and I 100% can attribute that to finding the CD website/forums.
                          Glad you did, TJ. CD are great, and the forums here are a lot of fun.

Comment

Well, as of now Powell's does not have your paperbacks. They did have a limited edition of Currency of Soul's for $25.00 that I almost bought. Ended up passing due to book condition. I would rather pick up a paperback then a beat up limited.

Comment

Yeah, CD is good for that. I have discovered and become a fan of a lot of authors through Cemetery Dance, andit all started with King's Blockade Billy. My second purchase was either Simon Clark's King Blood (which was gutsy since I had never even heard of him before, lol) or Blatty's Exorcist/Legion book. Dicovered Brian Keene through my first grab bag.

I discovered Burke through CD as well, though I didn't read a CD title of his first, found a good deal on a Turtle Boy HC. I still don't know how I got that lucky, don't think it was an eBay swipe, though it was from there.
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Well, as of now Powell's does not have your paperbacks. They did have a limited edition of Currency of Soul's for $25.00 that I almost bought. Ended up passing due to book condition. I would rather pick up a paperback then a beat up limited.
                                Yeah, I'd have passed on that too, especially as I'll be offering discount coupons on my paperbacks in the upcoming newsletter ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X