Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Cemetery Dance Book Club Is Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    What did you get?
    The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition! It is a PC copy but still a heck of a deal in grab bag for only 59 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition! It is a PC copy but still a heck of a deal in grab bag for only 59 bucks!
      The LRB edition of The Exorcist is stunning!!

Comment

Yes it is! I remember when it was announced and I hesitated too long and missed out. I've been kicking myself ever since. I guess I don't have to do that anymore...

Comment

Wow, very lucky indeed! That is a great deal, wish I had the money for it when the grab bag was offered. Oh who am I kidding, I probably woulda passed considering how many things I have already ordered, lol
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

I almost passed on this myself. I've been buying a lot of books from CD over the last year or two and figured I'd be getting all duplicates. I think I might be addicted to the grab bags, though; I can't seem to pass them by whenever they're offered. Of course, my wife would say that statement applies to CD in general!

Comment

I almost passed on this myself. I've been buying a lot of books from CD over the last year or two and figured I'd be getting all duplicates. I think I might be addicted to the grab bags, though; I can't seem to pass them by whenever they're offered. Of course, my wife would say that statement applies to CD in general!
              You need to include your wife in the decision making so she won't object. I tell my wife that I will be spending money in one of the following ways and she gets to make the choice for me:

a) books
              b) booze and hookers

so far I have a lot of books and no hookers.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                You need to include your wife in the decision making so she won't object. I tell my wife that I will be spending money in one of the following ways and she gets to make the choice for me:

a) books
                b) booze and hookers

so far I have a lot of books and no hookers.
                Best idea ever! Of course if Option B is picked things are going to get really awkward really fast...

Comment

Best idea ever! Of course if Option B is picked things are going to get really awkward really fast...
                  Agreed. Very few wives can ever fully appreciate the thought of , 'but Honey, I could never LOVE a hooker!!"

Comment

Sock Monkey - do you get the "Stop buying more books" from your wife?

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                      Sock Monkey - do you get the "Stop buying more books" from your wife?
                      She's a little more subtle. I'll get a "you've been getting a lot of packages lately ..." Which when translated means the same thing. :-) most times she humors me though. She even pretends to get excited when a book arrives that I think is really cool.

Comment

I usually have books shipped to my work, and then I get - "Where/when did you get that one?" LOL

Comment

Just ordered Selection 4! Kinda surprised that it had free shipping.

Comment

So did I - but no free shipping. This came to more than the actual price of the book.
                            But then I don't live in the US.

sk

Comment

Ordered it. Great selections so far for the book club!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                                Just ordered Selection 4! Kinda surprised that it had free shipping.
                                Surprised as well, but totally grateful

Comment

Working...
                                X