• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The flask is really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
      The flask is really cool.
      Very cool indeed!

What kind of covers do you use on your dust jackets?

Comment

Wow!!!! That is impressive. I've had a few members here put the bug in my ear to post my collection - but looking at this, I don't have a collection.

Comment

Yes, you do. The fact that you collect the books you have makes it a collection worth posting. Some books are worth beaucoup bucks (though that's all theoretical until you find a buyer), some have sentimental value (a favporite of mine is a shitty 18th print pb of The Shining from 1980 that was the first King work I ever read http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...lection/page16 starting with #306), some you just don't know why you have, but they are all worth showing in a thread.

No everything in these massive threads are books http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...llection/page6, so post away. What can it hurt?
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Yes, you do. The fact that you collect the books you have makes it a collection worth posting. Some books are worth beaucoup bucks (though that's all theoretical until you find a buyer), some have sentimental value (a favporite of mine is a shitty 18th print pb of The Shining from 1980 that was the first King work I ever read http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...lection/page16 starting with #306), some you just don't know why you have, but they are all worth showing in a thread.

No everything in these massive threads are books http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...llection/page6, so post away. What can it hurt?
            I will post my collection of books that I have, once I get some pics taken, and maybe jot down what I've got. I have them kind of in different places in my house. Plus, have to organize the sports, science, horror, etc.

Comment

Wow very awesome collection you have.Please keep showing us your stuff.
              Oh and welcome to the funny farm.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                Wow!!!! That is impressive. I've had a few members here put the bug in my ear to post my collection - but looking at this, I don't have a collection.
                What Squire said.We all love books so start a
                thread.

Comment

TJCams - please post, love looking at others collections. Taking the photo's is the hardest part, posting them is a breeze.

Thanks to everyone for their interest, and for the welcome.

I have a few more overall pic's, then I'll get into some individual books.

Lincoln.

Comment

We now return this thread to Lincoln for his collection.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      We now return this thread to Lincoln for his collection.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        Very cool indeed!

What kind of covers do you use on your dust jackets?
                        Pete, most of my dustjackets are in 'Brodart' dj protectors, the pre-cut ones, 10" high. I also tried a different brand that comes as a roll and you cut to length. These ones look fine, but the clear film is a lot thicker than the Brodart. It's amazing how much the thicker film bulks up the book.

Comment

Thunderstom Books - 'Black Voltage'

James Herbert

1st edition antho's

Centipede Press 'The Fog' and Ghost Story Press 'Master of Fallen Years' (o'Sullivan)

Comment

How long did it take to gather up this collection, and have you read most/all of them?

Comment

TJ, I've been collecting for about 18 years - but have been very stop/start. Lots of things have come up that have put a hold on my collecting - moving interstate, getting married, buying/renovating a house, having a child, etc, etc. I always return to it though. I started off with wanting nice editions of my favourite books - King, Barker, Campbell - then I read 'The Stephen King Companion'. It had a heap of info about signed/ltd and 1st editions, and who published and sold them. I was hooked. But, living in Australia meant writing letters to booksellers, then waiting to hear back from them. Buying books I had to get an international money order, post it, then wait for the parcel to arrive. Much easier these days, but damn I miss the 'good old days'!
                              And no, I'm nowhere near reading them all.
                              Lincoln.

Comment

Ash Tree Press

Top shelf - Centipede Press, next shelf - Tartarus Press, Ghost Story Press, Midnight House

Comment

Working...
                                X