No announcement yet.

11/22/63 movie news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think the concensus was that Garris kept the plot, but got rid of the heart of BOB. 11/22/63 has a lot of heart.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Although it is flawed in some ways, 11/22/63 would be in my top ten, maybe even top five of King's work, really hope whomever gets to helm the project does not f*ck it up!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        I didn't think BOB was too bad. Not one of the best, but not horrible. It's also been a while since I read it, so might dislike it more if I had the book fresh on my mind, which is what I really dislike The Da Vinci Code movie.
        This is my own personal opinion but it's how I've come to reconcile many book to movie conversions. Things that work in the imagination often don't work on the screen. There is so much that can be vividly imagined but to try to put that on the screen most of it is lost and often looks ridiculous. I feel that's why Misery and The Body (Stand By Me) worked so well, the visual effects weren't necessary just some great acting. I thought the end of The Stand miniseries looked silly, same with BOB. Also, too often (as someone already mentioned) the heart of the story is lost. I just don't expect a lot when they make a film version of something and then hope to be surprised. I think 11/22/63 could be great but it could easily be messed up with bad acting/directing.

Comment

Well, 11/22/63 is in the bottom 20 of the list of SK books for me, so I don't really expect much from it. More than likely, I'll be pleasantly surprised with whatever comes of it.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I would put 11/22/63 in my top 10 King novels.
            Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Well, 11/22/63 is in the bottom 20 of the list of SK books for me, so I don't really expect much from it. More than likely, I'll be pleasantly surprised with whatever comes of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I would put 11/22/63 in my top 10 King novels.
              Amen Brother Martin!

Comment

I know "Bottom 20" sounds bad, but he's written over 50 books! So it's not really that bad. I actually listed them all out and 11/23/63 fell right at 20th from the bottom. So, it did beat out 19 other books!
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I guess that's acceptable. As long as Rose Madder is at the bottom.
                  I know "Bottom 20" sounds bad, but he's written over 50 books! So it's not really that bad. I actually listed them all out and 11/23/63 fell right at 20th from the bottom. So, it did beat out 19 other books!

Comment

what are numbers 21 and 19?

Comment

#21 is The Dark Half; #19 is Cell.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I can't argue with either of those being that low.
                        #21 is The Dark Half; #19 is Cell.

Comment

The Dark Half is due for a rereadsoon...
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I guess that's acceptable. As long as Rose Madder is at the bottom.
                            Is Rose Madder that bad? I've not yet read it (I'm playing catch up after a couple decade hiatus) but it's on my list. I read a review wherein it was highly praised. I guess to each his own.

Comment

Rose Madder was an attempt to mix Greek mythology with a story of spousal physical and sexual abuse. It wasn't very sucessful. I have Rose Madder as #4, above Wizard & Glass, Black House, and The Stand: Th Complete and Uncut Verison.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I have also seen positive reviews for Rose Madder, it did not work for. It is my least favorite King story.
                                Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                                Is Rose Madder that bad? I've not yet read it (I'm playing catch up after a couple decade hiatus) but it's on my list. I read a review wherein it was highly praised. I guess to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X