No announcement yet.

Which King book did you NOT like??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the Navy had run out of funds for fuel, so my ship ported in Saipan for 3 1/2 weeks. I had duty once every 6 days and after 2 days in port, I had seen everything i wanted to see. It was also 120 degree F in the shade, the ship had AC, so i stayed on board most of the time--everybody else was out blowing their paychecks-- I stayed inside and read. 400 pages a day took me all day (I was sleeping 3-4 hrs a day--nowadays, I'm up to 4-5 hrs).
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The only books I couldn't really get into for some reason were the Dark Tower series. I read the first 3 or 4 then just lost interest.

Comment

[QUOTE=srboone;1262]You know, I didn't like the Complete & Uncut Version of The Stand.
        QUOTE]

I haven't read the uncut version, but I loved the current book. Rewatched the serries again, too. Still enjoy it.

m o o n, that spells moon.

Comment

Originally posted by tweetygirl0606 View Post
          The only books I couldn't really get into for some reason were the Dark Tower series. I read the first 3 or 4 then just lost interest.
          Well, only one thing to do: start re-reading this series!
          Hopefully with different results this time!

sk

Comment

Eyes of the Dragon was pretty dull and i won't be reading it again

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
              Eyes of the Dragon was pretty dull and i won't be reading it again
              Your loss, Tom!

sk
              Last edited by frik51; 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Did you like EOTD then Siep? I know it has Dark Tower connections but ... thats still not enough for me

Interesting to see that you weren't fond of Insomnia which is one of my favourite King books

Comment

Yes, dull would be the word I'd use to describe Insomnia, definitely not The Eyes of the Dragon.
                  The former I only read once; I can't really remember why I didn't like it.
                  Just dull, I suppose.
                  The Eyes of the Dragon I read twice; both times it struck me as an excellent fairy tale, full of intrigue and..Randall Flagg.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                    Well, only one thing to do: start re-reading this series!
                    Hopefully with different results this time!

sk
                    Will do frik51 !! Can't hurt..I may get a whole new outlook on the series!!

Comment

You won't regret it!

Comment

I didn't care much for Gerald's Game when it first came out, but I grew to like it more.

The Dark Tower has been my most enduring disappointment, not the whole series just the last two books, but especially the last. The ending didn't bother me so much as the other events and characters getting short shrift. A lot of buildup with little payoff.
                        http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
                        http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
                        http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MrRoland View Post
                          The Dark Tower has been my most enduring disappointment, A lot of buildup with little payoff.
                          Unfortunately, I agree.
                          I loved the first four books, but was not impressed whatsoever with the final three.

sk

Comment

I still reall enjoyed the final 3 books!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                              I still reall enjoyed the final 3 books!
                              They were great! Wolves of the Calla needs more love! So does The Dark Tower!

What I really like is the fact that
                              Spoiler!

Comment

But they have to compete with The Drawing of the Three, The Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass; with these three standouts in the series, The Wolves and The Dark Tower pale in comparison. King rushed them out and it shows.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X