No announcement yet.

Which King book did you NOT like??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the griim nastiness of dreamcatcher. It was a change of pace for me. I also appreciate it as King's "therapy" novel. But his new DT novel is quite good and well-written. I didn't like 11/22/63 as much as everyubody else seems to have, but it's not even close to his worst and was a nice diversion.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I enjoyed Dreamcatcher but did not love it. I did love 11/22/63 though. I am also fine with the way Cell was concluded, I do not consider it much different than the ending of Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption.

Comment

I like when stories end with the ending up to person reading it. Same goes for movies as well, really like movies that make let the viewer imagine what ending is
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

There was a time (20 years ago) when I used to make it a point to re-read all my SK books once a year, but now that the books take up 50 feet of shelf space, that's not as easy as it used to be.

I never disliked any SK book, but I definitely preferred the original version of The Stand. I read that in a day back in 1978, and then re-read it while following the characters' trip using a Rand-McNally road atlas I found somewhere in Dublin.

I found the DT series the hardest to get through, even though I loved the premise and looked forward to reading it. I still haven't read The Little Sisters of Eluria and The Wind through the Keyhole. For me to have an SK book more than a day without starting it is just odd. I keep looking at them on the shelf and thinking I must read them one of these days.

Comment

Really the Dark Tower was your hardest to get through? I didnt expect that one from anyone. It was my quickest(not technically since theres 7, but I got through each book quicker) read of most of the SK books I have read thus far. The actual quickest being Tom Gordon. Although Wizard and Glass took me a while. Still less time than The Talisman though because I forced my was through to get to the next DT book.

Comment

I love any insight into Rolands world and LSOE and TWTTK were great additions to the DT series!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                Really the Dark Tower was your hardest to get through? I didnt expect that one from anyone. It was my quickest(not technically since theres 7, but I got through each book quicker) read of most of the SK books I have read thus far. The actual quickest being Tom Gordon. Although Wizard and Glass took me a while. Still less time than The Talisman though because I forced my was through to get to the next DT book.
                Maybe it was because I read each book as it came out. If I sat down and read them all back-to-back I might enjoy them more, and maybe I'll do that one of these days.

The Talisman was (and remains) one of my favorites. Also The Dead Zone, which I must have read at least ten times over the years.

The length of the book never bothers me. I read at a rate of 120 pages per hour, so I get through most books fairly quickly.

Comment

I get through like 20 pages a day. lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave1442397;28450]Maybe it was because I read each book as it came out. If I sat down and read them all back-to-back I might enjoy them more, and maybe I'll do that one of these days.

QUOTE]

Do that, it's a lot of fun! I did it last year in 42 days. (I read about 30 pages/hour.)
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I get distracted too easy cuz im lazy. I'll watch tv instead, or my job will interrupt me (imagine that, the gall) or, Oh Hey, Theres the dog, then I play with him for a bit. Or I wonder what the boys on the CD forum are talking about now. (Currently, at this moment,(a bit redundant, I know but effective)(and I totally just put brackets inside of brackets because I am not paying attention, and now look more brackets when I didn't need the first set to begin with) I am being distracted by this forum from writing my short story) I think I have ADD. lol

At what point does a short story become a Novella? I'm thinking this is going to run long. I could be wrong since I am at like 3 pages but what's in my head seems like it might take a while.

Comment

I'll re-read the DT cycle once I have my copy of TWTTK at hand - I've done this since W&G, before reading the new book, I'll re-read the previous instalments anew - it's kept me entertained for a lot of years now

Comment

I don't think I will reread the whole series when TWTTK comes out.I did reread the first 4 after the last 3 came out.As far as least fav King book That needs some thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            The length of the book never bothers me. I read at a rate of 120 pages per hour, so I get through most books fairly quickly.
                            I wish I could read that fast. I'd say I read 60 pages an hour, if I like the book I'm reading. Otherwise wise I lose focus and go do something else.

Comment

Working...
                            X