No announcement yet.

Which King book did you NOT like??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely concur, C. W., King is "King"!

Comment

His son is giving him quite the run for his money though. And, I doubt he would have it any other way.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Is it true that his son is Joe Hill? And why not Joe King? (Maybe he didn't want to answer that incessant question at book signings-- Are you joking?) Ba dum bum!

Comment

Yes, Joe Hill. I think it is derived from his middle name. He wanted to establish a career based upon his own merits. I think it came out sometime after Heart-Shaped box became big--don't quote me on that though. Some writers I know claim to have seen him at Cons n ratty clothes, carrying home-printed copies of his books and selling them for $.50. Who knows what the truth is though? Sometimes those things get blown out of proportion when someone strikes it big. If you google his name and look for youtube videos, he discusses it to a small degree. He also offers some great advice in the process.

Comment

Thanks Ozmo, good to know. Randar

Comment

I had a hard time with Talisman. I started to lose interest half way in, but made myself read it because my husband loved it. I also could not read Black House. The language was too flowery. I tried to read The Regulators twice but couldn't get into it. I loved Delores Claiborne as a movie, but I couldn't read the book because her dialect was driving me insane. I really love the first ones like The Dead Zone and Firestarter. I love the Dark Tower series and IT was definitely one of the best books I've ever read.

Comment

One of the two, either Desperation or The Regulators was weak to me. Can't remember which. Insomnia was just okay. I thought Cell was just okay. I don't think I've read a King book that I hated, but there were definitely a few that were average at best. My favorites are The Stand, It, The Long Walk, The Dead Zone, and the Dark Tower series.
                FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                  One of the two, either Desperation or The Regulators was weak to me. Can't remember which.
                  Desperation!
                  But there are many people that would point to The Regulators here.
                  To me, the first started out really strong, but then ran out of steam and never recovered.
                  The latter book started out strong, picked up steam and never let up till the very end: awesome book!

sk

Comment

I actually enjoyed Desperation. And I love the cops name. I have yet to read Regulators.

Comment

To me, Stephen King at his worst is still better than most authors at their best. Of course there are some of his books that I didn't like as well as his others, but I can't say that I have ever not liked one.
                      "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

For all there flaws, tho, Desperation and The Regulators were fascinating to read back to back. Wasn't a bad way to spend three days. I even still have the cheesy plastic booklight that came with the gift set!!!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I did not enjoy INSOMNIA at all, I found it oppressively tedious. I bought a hard cover copy for my collection at a yard sale last summer, and my brother said "Wow, that's a book you could beat someone unconscious with." To which I responded "Or you could force them to read it, it's about the same effect."

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            For all there flaws, tho, Desperation and The Regulators were fascinating to read back to back. Wasn't a bad way to spend three days.
                            You must be a very fast reader.
                            Which I'm not at all.

sk

Comment

Hardly, I just had nothing else to do...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Well, reading almost 1200 pages in three days in three days seems pretty fast to me.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X