Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney buys Star Wars and plans Star Wars VII for 2015!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney buys Star Wars and plans Star Wars VII for 2015!!

For some reason I find this VERY disturbing!

I thought the whole thing started going downhill with the advent of Ewoks and excessive marketing... I wish they would let it die already.

Comment

Lucas talked about giving Star Wars anew to each generation and the sale to Disney (which included the rights to the Indiana Jones franchise) was ensuring the Star Wars legacy would continue when he's gone. I only care about the the original trilogy anyway. That's the one that was made for my generation.
      Last edited by srboone; 10-31-2012, 05:14 AM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The only good thing is you "know" Disney will put the original trilogy (untweaked) out on BluRay....$$$$

Comment

I think I said this to Brad on facebook. Disney taking them over doesn't really scare me. They did wonderful things with the Marvel movies. I also enjoyed what they did with The Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I trust them to do them more than Lucas at this stage in the game. As a friend of mine said, can you imagine a Star Wars movie directed by Joss Whedon?
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Another good thing will be being able to take my kids to see a new Star Wars film in the theater!!!

Comment

As mentioned above - I too was/am a fan of the original trilogy - the first "new" one was bad (Phantom Menace???), and never saw the last 2 "new" ones anyways. Again - I grew up with that.

Comment

I don't mind this news either. Lucas will be a creative consultant. Quick, what was the best movie? (Did you say "Empire"?) Lucas was creative consultant/story guy on that one. We had a better writer and different director.

I can really understand about the story bowing to marketing, especially with Disney, but I also think they'll go for a truly quality movie.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Guess what? I am shocked but also don't give two shits. lol

Comment

Hahaha, Teri, priceless!

But I feel the same, at least a bit. I mean, the trilogy is the trilogy and nothing will ever mess that up. So they release some new ones, who knows, maybe they'll be good or maybe they'll be crap, but that doesnt change how good the originals were.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      Hahaha, Teri, priceless!

But I feel the same, at least a bit. I mean, the trilogy is the trilogy and nothing will ever mess that up. So they release some new ones, who knows, maybe they'll be good or maybe they'll be crap, but that doesnt change how good the originals were.
                      True, as long as you have the "original" originals. Han shot first! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        Hahaha, Teri, priceless!

Agreed PEte

Comment

Working...
                        X