New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Usually i don't have to think twice when a new King limited is announced. But this time I refuse to go along in this game.
    $2500.00 for a limited edition is outrageous. I thought CD's lettered IT was already pretty steep, but CD usually goes all out with a limited - like indeed with the IT editions.
    I really like SubPress, have many of their limiteds, including a lettered edition, but unless they plan to really outdo themselves, I cannot find any justification for this amount of money.
    Except for the simple reason the fans will grab a copy anyways, regardless the price.

Well, I wont.
    The trade edition: for sure.
    Numbered - most likely.
    Lettered: not in 2500 years.

sk
    Agreed.

I'm really trying hard not to order any of the editions, need so many other important things... But then again, it is The Shining... WHich I do not have a hardcover of yet...

Comment

I'll likely go for the gift edition, but I really don't expect to try for the limited.

Comment

Curses! I knew I'd have to put aside my general dislike for Billy and subpres at some point. Maybe I can catch it on the rebound from CD or Camelot Books...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Curses! I knew I'd have to put aside my general dislike for Billy and subpres at some point. Maybe I can catch it on the rebound from CD or Camelot Books...
          Good to see you again!
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Hey, it's Prodigal Squire. Good to see you again old friend. Hope things are well.

With my budget lately, even the gift will be a stretch, but we'll see.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Guess I better get back to e-bay and sell more stuff.

Comment

Post here first, less fees involved and better for us.

Comment

You know I immedietely was thinking of buying the GE but now I'm not sure. There are a ton being printed and I may wait and try and snag one (down the road) from a secondary retailer. I love supporting small press but the price seems a bit high. Maybe I'm just feeling the "squeeze" of my current financial status.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                    You know I immedietely was thinking of buying the GE but now I'm not sure. There are a ton being printed and I may wait and try and snag one (down the road) from a secondary retailer. I love supporting small press but the price seems a bit high. Maybe I'm just feeling the "squeeze" of my current financial status.
                    1500 copies is actually really low for a King Gift Edition. it might be the lowest one I can think of, actually. We printed 1750 copies of the Gift Edition of From A Buick 8, which sold out pre-publication like this one will, and it definitely got more expensive on the secondary market.

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                      1500 copies is actually really low for a King Gift Edition. it might be the lowest one I can think of, actually. We printed 1750 copies of the Gift Edition of From A Buick 8, which sold out pre-publication like this one will, and it definitely got more expensive on the secondary market.

Brian
                      I agree, especially since The Shining is acknowledged as one of King's classics.

John

Comment

Brian
                        Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                        I agree, especially since The Shining is acknowledged as one of King's classics.

John
                        I don't know. Maybe I need to look at recent the print runs of SK limiteds again. I honestly think I'm just feeling my financial pinch right now and will probably change my mind come January.

Comment

Brian
                          It most certainly did. Can't get my hands on one. GRRR. I wish I had known about CD sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                            I don't know. Maybe I need to look at recent the print runs of SK limiteds again. I honestly think I'm just feeling my financial pinch right now and will probably change my mind come January.
                            Well, the good thing is you have a lot of time to decide.

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Seems like everyone is suffering from the financial woes... I'm hoping to save up enough so I can pick this up. Although shipping will probably be a killer.

Comment

Brian are you working for sub press too.Or just hoping for a free copy?
                                Well, the good thing is you have a lot of time to decide.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X