New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I think I was in the minority on that cover as well. I did not mind it but every one else did.Guess I don't know squat about art.
    That's the great thing about art (and music too). You don't need to know a thing about it to know what you like and what you don't. If you like it, it's good. If you don't, it's garbage. Scholars be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmyers View Post
      That's the great thing about art (and music too). You don't need to know a thing about it to know what you like and what you don't. If you like it, it's good. If you don't, it's garbage. Scholars be damned.

Comment

sub press is still having problems coming up with suitable art for their edition of The Shining. I love this book too much not to add my two cents, so I sent them some art that they should NOT consider (because I don't trust sp's judgement in this matter.)

Just tryin' to help.
        Last edited by srboone; 04-04-2013, 11:36 AM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          sub press is still having problems coming up with suitable art for their edition of The Shining. I love this book too much not to add my two cents, so I sent them some art that they should NOT consider (because I don't trust sp's judgement in this matter.)
          Spoiler!

Just tryin' to help.

Comment

Wow, good that SP is changing the art on that. Nothing wrong with that work in itself, but is very wrong for The Shining, especially the cover. I don't know if I would have cancelled my order or not, but I would not have been happy. I didn't have the money for it anyway, and don't think I'd have ordered it even if I did. I'm glad CD got Doctor Sleep, even if I had to pass on that one too
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Spoiler!

Just tryin' to help.
              Any one of those is totally worth $450

Comment

You're probably right....if it was some OTHER book, I wouldn't worry...
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You guys are brutal.

Comment

If subpress had a forum (maybe they do, I couldn't find one) I'd post that there.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

If subpress had a forum (maybe they do, I couldn't find one) I'd post that there.
                      I am pretty sure they don't.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Spoiler!

Just tryin' to help.
                        I actually kinda like the middle one. As for the original art for this printing, it's not bad, but it's too simple. Maybe as interior art or if it was in a graphic novel, but as cover art it just doesn't quite suit a work of this magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          I actually kinda like the middle one. As for the original art for this printing, it's not bad, but it's too simple. Maybe as interior art or if it was in a graphic novel, but as cover art it just doesn't quite suit a work of this magnitude.
                          I was under the impression that the original cover art was only a placeholder and not actually the finished product. I'll be interested to see who the new artist is. I was probably in the minority, but I liked Rodriguez.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I really like Rodriguez but that cover art did not work for me.
                            Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            I was under the impression that the original cover art was only a placeholder and not actually the finished product. I'll be interested to see who the new artist is. I was probably in the minority, but I liked Rodriguez.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I really like Rodriguez but that cover art did not work for me.
                              You're not the only one. It almost seems as if SP didn't think much of it either the way they very quietly unveiled it with no announcement. Some people on thedarktower.org have emailed SP asking who the new artist is and they have gotten answers but have been asked to keep it a secret (?) This seems a little silly and a bit unprofessional to me, I mean what's the big secret?, nearly all the editions have sold out, I just don't get how they have handled this whole thing

Comment

Sub Press just posted the new dust jacket art for the Shining and it's Vincent Chong. I think it's pretty sweet. He'll be also doing the interior illustrations and the chapbook.

Comment

Working...
                                X