No announcement yet.

New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't order a S/L, but I'm impressed with how SubPress is taking the lead on this issue.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yes they seem to be handling this well. Good to see. That is why I love the small press companies. Most do look out for their customers.

Comment

Its great they are taking the lead on this however it's a shame this has happened. It's forcing collectors to make difficult choices on an expensive book. Choices that, in my opinion, they should never have to make.

I can't imagine this wasn't caught in some type of QC inspection before the books were shipped out.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
          Its great they are taking the lead on this however it's a shame this has happened. It's forcing collectors to make difficult choices on an expensive book. Choices that, in my opinion, they should never have to make.

I can't imagine this wasn't caught in some type of QC inspection before the books were shipped out.
          If the rubbing / color transfer happened after the books where put in the cases, it probably would never be noticed. Assuming they operate similarly to the way we do things. The books and cases come from different vendors both items are inspected individually, the books are then numbered and placed in the cases and finally sent to customers. There typically is no need to inspect them again once they've been put into the cases.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Looks like my copy has finally arrived. Can't wait to look tonight!

Comment

From what has been posted on tdt.org forums, the copies people are now receiving are well packed and don't have the issues that were received early on in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                From what has been posted on tdt.org forums, the copies people are now receiving are well packed and don't have the issues that were received early on in the process.
                Good to hear! I'll let you know how mine turns out.

Comment

Received The Shining in great condition. I did not see the problem described in the DT Forums. What a fantastic looking book!!! I'm one of those who usually reads their S/L books. I've even read the few King limiteds I have. But, I'm debating reading this one... I'd worry I'll get a fingerprint or smudge on it.

Comment

Good to hear it arrived in one piece rusty!

Comment

Congrats Rusty, don't touch it! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                        Received The Shining in great condition. I did not see the problem described in the DT Forums. What a fantastic looking book!!! I'm one of those who usually reads their S/L books. I've even read the few King limiteds I have. But, I'm debating reading this one... I'd worry I'll get a fingerprint or smudge on it.
                        I am glad your copy arrived in flawless condition. You need to read it though, as it will be a waste otherwise. Try using a pair of those special cotton gloves that archivists use when handling antique books, to read your copy safely. That way you won't get a fingerprint on it or smudge it.
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

Comment

I just got my dust jacket for the signed limited Shining today and it's beautiful!

John

Comment

I just got my gift and numbered editions today - absolutely gorgeous.
                            The gift from the UK, the numbered from the US.
                            Thank you, Paul!

sk

Comment

Working...
                            X