Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a second copy.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

What book is that Lucian? If it is at all like House of Leaves I will want to look into it, it's one of my all time favourite books.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Get a second copy.
        Done and done.

Comment

I just got my copy in today and noticed the seal, think i'll have to get a second copy. Had no idea about all the loose stuff, I hope this doesn't turn into a big scattered puzzle versus just a book.

Comment

I'm curious as to the title/author of this one too.

Comment

Its S. by JJ Abrams and Doug Dorst.

Comment

I picked up S. today along with an additional copy. I will take picks later and post them in my thread.

Comment

Had never heard of it til these postings. Looks interesting.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I agree, but I am not a huge Abrams fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      ...but I am not a huge Abrams fan.
                      Which is why I'd never heard of it. I don't search out his stuff.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I'm at WFC looking around the place like a starstruck puppy.

I had no idea about S. until I saw it on the shelves on release day. The guy in the shop was keen to show it to everyone. My immediate thought, other than how cool it looked, was how much of a pain it must have been to put the thing together! I'll tear into my copy when I get home.
                        The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
                        Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
                        ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

Pop in with a play-by-play and maybe a few photos every now and again and let us know how it's goin LP! Have fun.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Seems to be popular. Getting the second copy.Pretty smart on the publishers part.
                            Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Get a second copy.

Comment

Okay, I'm back from WFC. I had an awesome time once I got over the initial "Holy shit! What am I doing here?!" factor. I don't have many pictures from the con itself as my iPhone didn't capture that much detail. I might cheat and link to photos of the stuff I attended.

That said I did get a couple of good ones, and a good deal of stuff signed too. And - ahem - a further smattering of hardback horror. (I'll post pics when daylight returns to Norwich.)

In the meantime here are a couple of photos I tweeted which turned out well. First up, Tim Lebbon, who was a really nice fella. Here he is during the mass signing, giving Coldbrook what for:

In the overflow room next door a certain Mr Gaiman had rocked up:

His attendance was perhaps the best kept secret in the run-up to the convention. It also meant that I hadn't brought anything to sign, including my recently-purchased Sandman Omnibus Vol 1. I figured autographing my eyelids would have been a bit odd. It was still pretty damn cool seeing him about the place during the weekend.

And then, when I asked a certain someone to autograph a couple of Grave Tales I had brought along, this happened:

Convention = made!
                              The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
                              Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
                              ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

Fantastic!!!!!!! That's worth it there itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X