Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my Nook make me feel like a Luddite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does my Nook make me feel like a Luddite?

Technology - make things easier, no?

My Nook is annoying me so much right now I quit. (for tonight).

I don't have wi-fi so I use the Nook for PC program, log in to B&N site, use Adobe Digital Editions to organize/transfer things, and at this moment I just feel like it's a real pain in the arse. Too many hoops to jump through just to do something simple like download a book and put it on my Nook.

So tomorrow I'll head to the library and use their wi-fi to hopefully get everything straightened out.

Just wanted to gripe. :-)

I download everything to my PC and use calibre to organize and load to the Nook/Kindle/iPad. For $50, I can't complain about the Nook.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
      Technology - make things easier, no?

My Nook is annoying me so much right now I quit. (for tonight).

I don't have wi-fi so I use the Nook for PC program, log in to B&N site, use Adobe Digital Editions to organize/transfer things, and at this moment I just feel like it's a real pain in the arse. Too many hoops to jump through just to do something simple like download a book and put it on my Nook.

So tomorrow I'll head to the library and use their wi-fi to hopefully get everything straightened out.

Just wanted to gripe. :-)
      They can be very frustrating. Once you get the hang of though it becomes very (dangerously) easy to download and transfer books. My biggest gripe is that it still doesn't feel like I actually own anything when I download an E-book. I don't think I will ever get over this. I feel the same way about direct deposit, debit cards, MP3's, etc. I guess I'm just old school.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
        They can be very frustrating. Once you get the hang of though it becomes very (dangerously) easy to download and transfer books. My biggest gripe is that it still doesn't feel like I actually own anything when I download an E-book. I don't think I will ever get over this. I feel the same way about direct deposit, debit cards, MP3's, etc. I guess I'm just old school.
        Yeah, I kinda like the idea of it, but I don't actually put anything on it that I would want to keep. I mostly use it for library books or free books from B&N (which almost inevitably end up being horrible). No matter how small you can make the type, to me it still just doesn't seem like reading a book. Books aren't just for reading; they're for decorating, rearranging, touching, smelling, or just looking at and saying "Look at all this cool stuff." :-)

I kinda feel that way about direct deposit too. I hate that all these "technological advances" seem to bank on the fact that nothing will ever go wrong. When it does, boy, look out.

Comment

Working...
        X