Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: JournalStone

  1. #1
    Senior Member Inmate Xiabei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    8

    JournalStone

    Saw their ad in CD, with the "free ebook every Friday" tag.

    Just looked and can't find anything other than "contests" they have with Goodreads for a chance to win a book. Is that what they're talking about? Or do they actually give away an ebook?

    Just wondering if anyone knows from experience.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Inmate Xiabei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    8
    Ok, I can provide my own answer. :-) I sent them a message, and the president wrote back and basically said "That ad was placed so long ago I forgot it was going to run!" So anyway, that program is no longer in effect; he said that not many people took advantage of it. Bummer. Wish I had known about it sooner. But he did offer to send me a few things, which was nice.

  3. #3
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,579
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiabei View Post
    Ok, I can provide my own answer. :-) I sent them a message, and the president wrote back and basically said "That ad was placed so long ago I forgot it was going to run!" So anyway, that program is no longer in effect; he said that not many people took advantage of it. Bummer. Wish I had known about it sooner. But he did offer to send me a few things, which was nice.
    Well at least they provided a quick response.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Inmate Xiabei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    8
    Yeah, that's one nice thing about smaller publishers; they tend to care a bit more. Well, I'm assuming, since I've never contacted a major publisher about anything. :-)

  5. #5
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,579
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiabei View Post
    Yeah, that's one nice thing about smaller publishers; they tend to care a bit more. Well, I'm assuming, since I've never contacted a major publisher about anything. :-)
    Agreed. I don't think big publishers care less (as a whole) however there is more moving parts which can tend to slow down personalized if any responses.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Inmate Xiabei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    8
    Just one bummer - I can open it in Adobe Digital Editions, but it doesn't actually get added to my library, so I can't put it on my Nook. If I close ADE, the book closes and disappears again. Bummer. I don't think lugging my desktop into bed would be a very good idea.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiabei View Post
    Just one bummer - I can open it in Adobe Digital Editions, but it doesn't actually get added to my library, so I can't put it on my Nook. If I close ADE, the book closes and disappears again. Bummer. I don't think lugging my desktop into bed would be a very good idea.
    Download calibre and convert/upload it to your Nook.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Inmate Xiabei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Download calibre and convert/upload it to your Nook.
    I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,894
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiabei View Post
    Just one bummer - I can open it in Adobe Digital Editions, but it doesn't actually get added to my library, so I can't put it on my Nook. If I close ADE, the book closes and disappears again. Bummer. I don't think lugging my desktop into bed would be a very good idea.
    Oh come on give it a try.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiabei View Post
    Just one bummer - I can open it in Adobe Digital Editions, but it doesn't actually get added to my library, so I can't put it on my Nook. If I close ADE, the book closes and disappears again. Bummer. I don't think lugging my desktop into bed would be a very good idea.
    That would be interesting! I sent the same email.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •