JournalStone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JournalStone

Saw their ad in CD, with the "free ebook every Friday" tag.

Just looked and can't find anything other than "contests" they have with Goodreads for a chance to win a book. Is that what they're talking about? Or do they actually give away an ebook?

Just wondering if anyone knows from experience.

Ok, I can provide my own answer. :-) I sent them a message, and the president wrote back and basically said "That ad was placed so long ago I forgot it was going to run!" So anyway, that program is no longer in effect; he said that not many people took advantage of it. Bummer. Wish I had known about it sooner. But he did offer to send me a few things, which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
      Ok, I can provide my own answer. :-) I sent them a message, and the president wrote back and basically said "That ad was placed so long ago I forgot it was going to run!" So anyway, that program is no longer in effect; he said that not many people took advantage of it. Bummer. Wish I had known about it sooner. But he did offer to send me a few things, which was nice.
      Well at least they provided a quick response.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Yeah, that's one nice thing about smaller publishers; they tend to care a bit more. Well, I'm assuming, since I've never contacted a major publisher about anything. :-)

Comment

Yeah, that's one nice thing about smaller publishers; they tend to care a bit more. Well, I'm assuming, since I've never contacted a major publisher about anything. :-)
          Agreed. I don't think big publishers care less (as a whole) however there is more moving parts which can tend to slow down personalized if any responses.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just one bummer - I can open it in Adobe Digital Editions, but it doesn't actually get added to my library, so I can't put it on my Nook. If I close ADE, the book closes and disappears again. Bummer. I don't think lugging my desktop into bed would be a very good idea.

Comment

Just one bummer - I can open it in Adobe Digital Editions, but it doesn't actually get added to my library, so I can't put it on my Nook. If I close ADE, the book closes and disappears again. Bummer. I don't think lugging my desktop into bed would be a very good idea.
              Download calibre and convert/upload it to your Nook.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                Download calibre and convert/upload it to your Nook.
                I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

Comment

Oh come on give it a try.

Comment

That would be interesting! I sent the same email.

Comment

Working...
                    X