No announcement yet.

Best Way to Care for your Collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone purchased a slipcase from the Overland Connection bookstore? I'm trying to get slipcases for as many of my King books as possible, and they have a few that look nice, but I was hoping to get some feedback from folks around here.

Comment

Do you mean overlook connection? Their customer service is absolutely terrible. Have been trying to get my money back on an order I placed with them for months now. They won't even respond to my emails. Apparently they had a delay on their Shining/Doc sleep bundle but they won't give any updates or an approximate realease. I think this is completely unacceptable. My last email demanded my money back with no response at all. I definitely wouldn't preorder from them. That being said though, I have no idea what their slipcases are like. I just despise their lack of customer service

Comment

Yeah, I meant Overlook, don't know why I typed Overland.

I'll probably just avoid ordering from them if that's how they treat customers. Even if the product is superb, I don't want to give any business to folks that treat their customers like crap.

I guess I'll look into custom stuff for my King hardcovers...

Comment

it's a shame too because the guy running it seems really nice but it has become something of a black hole for orders, he sells on ebay and you might get better responses from him on there, I really like the slipcase he did for Just After Sunset and I love the Chadbourne dust jackets they have for some of King's books but I am hesitant about ordering from him again as well because of a not so great transaction or two, I hope he can pull it together because he does have some great items

Comment

Thanks for the warnings in case I am ever in the market for what they sell. Have seen plenty and thought they looked great, but gonna bother if the customer service is shit. Won't but from someone on eBay because of the experience of a member or two here, which is a shame because he has some stuff I'd like, but I'm not willing to risk a bad experience.
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

How tight should a slipcase be? I ask because I received my CD slipcases for Doctor Sleep and Mr. Mercedes today, and it was actually a tad difficult to get the books in them (more so for the latter). On the other hand, the slipcases for some other CD titles I have just slide in and out with no issue at all.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                How tight should a slipcase be? I ask because I received my CD slipcases for Doctor Sleep and Mr. Mercedes today, and it was actually a tad difficult to get the books in them (more so for the latter). On the other hand, the slipcases for some other CD titles I have just slide in and out with no issue at all.
                If you have to dig for it it's to tight. I believe you should be able to till the case and the book slowly slide out.
                w. John

Comment

I've never had any problems with the CD cases, even when the dust jacket of the book has a Brodart cover. (I only use the cases for my signed trades.)

John

Comment

Haven't had any issues with my CD slipcases either. Some leave a little more room, but never had to dig for the books
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

I don't have to dig for it, but on the other hand it doesn't just slide out when I tilt the slipcase, either. A little jerk is enough to get it moving. Neither slipcase appears to be tight enough to damage the books, so I'll chalk it up to minor differences in size due to poor QC on mass-produced books.

Comment

I recently acquired a copy of Jean Ray's Ghouls in My Grave in pretty good condition, but ultimately it's a 50-year-old paperback, so even if I were to wrap it in Mylar and keep it well-hidden from light, it's going to fall apart, and I want to actually read it.

I have been strongly considering sending it off to have it rebound as a hardcover. I imagine doing so will likely destroy any value the book has, but at this point I'm more interested in trying to preserve the damn thing than one day hocking it for a minor profit.

Does anyone have experience with that? If so, who do you recommend, and what does the cost usually look like?

Comment

I recently acquired a copy of Jean Ray's Ghouls in My Grave in pretty good condition, but ultimately it's a 50-year-old paperback, so even if I were to wrap it in Mylar and keep it well-hidden from light, it's going to fall apart, and I want to actually read it.

I have been strongly considering sending it off to have it rebound as a hardcover. I imagine doing so will likely destroy any value the book has, but at this point I'm more interested in trying to preserve the damn thing than one day hocking it for a minor profit.

Does anyone have experience with that? If so, who do you recommend, and what does the cost usually look like?
                          No idea what that would cost, but you might fine some useful info here - https://www.nedcc.org/free-resources...flets/overview

Comment

Has anyone purchased a slipcase from the Overlook Connection bookstore? I'm trying to get slipcases for as many of my King books as possible, and they have a few that look nice, but I was hoping to get some feedback from folks around here.
                            Circling back to this, I picked up one of their Full Dark, No Stars slipcases and the quality and fit are fine.

Comment

Circling back to this, I picked up one of their Full Dark, No Stars slipcases and the quality and fit are fine.
                              I have their slipcase for Just After Sunset and I love it, it's hard to tell what it looks like from the crappy pics they have up of it on that website
                              Last edited by Tommy; 05-23-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

So... How do you keep two books with Brodart covers from sticking together once the covers touch? The clinging effect is making it hard to get multivolume sets into their slipcases (the recent Centipede Kane set proved exceptionally problematic).

Comment

Working...
                                X