Best Way to Care for your Collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    So... How do you keep two books with Brodart covers from sticking together once the covers touch? The clinging effect is making it hard to get multivolume sets into their slipcases (the recent Centipede Kane set proved exceptionally problematic).
    That will be a tough one. I have broadart covered books together on the shelf and they like to stick together. I can't imagine having them together in a slipcase. You may try a thin piece of paper or tissue between them.

Comment

What kind of Brodart covers do you use? I also use Brodart and don't have a problem with them sticking (also with then in a slipcase). I use Just-A-Fold III. I don't know if this would help. I would think all are the same but you never know. Mike

Comment

That's what I have, too. The weird thing is, the last time I bought them, they didn't have this issue. Ah well, it's not like I'm pulling most of these books off the shelf very often anyhow.

Comment

Same here, Just-A-Fold III archival. Slipcased copies I often don't cover though. I'm pretty careful with the light but even still have messed around with setups where the spines are facing the back of the bookcases. That works best when the spines of the slipcases themselves are labeled and lots of them are, I assume for this very reason.

My Kane set is backward in the bookcase. I know what it is but it's not as nice of a showcase when you can't see the labels so I might try and cover them at some point. But there are plenty of multi-volume sets that don't seem to have any room to spare at all for covers and I don't think I'm going to try and force the issue.
          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
            I have their slipcase for Just After Sunset and I love it, it's hard to tell what it looks like from the crappy pics they have up of it on that website
            I've found that this guy (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/buy_slipcases.html) also has some really nice slipcases and might be easier to deal with than David at Overlook Connection. That being said, I've ordered from David's site once or twice and from him on eBay with no issues ... so far.

Comment

Working...
            X