Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which King character are you?

Which King character are you?

Since I started reading King's books when I was twelve, I frequently used to go through phases of wondering what it would be like to be certain characters from his work.

I'm sure that Roland will be high on a number of people's lists, but for me I would have to split the choice into good guy and bad guy.

Good guy would go to Johnny Smith from The Dead Zone, having the power to see things and using them to put right the wrongs of the world seems one of the msot worthy heroic personas from King's work.

As for bad guy, avoiding the obvious once again, it would have to be the malevolent devil in disguise that is Leyland Gaunt from Needful Things - linking to another thread here, that would be a character I would like to see again. The maniuplation of the people of Castle Rock is just evil perfection.

What about everyone else?

Junior Member Visitor Randall Flagg's Avatar
    Randall Flagg.

Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Randall Flagg.
    No!!! I thought you where pennywise.....
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I would say I'm the woman from Misery....because if George Martin and Stephen Donaldson don't FINISH THEIR BOOKS!!!! Well, I may not react well!!!!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Stephen Donaldson at least sticks to his schedule of one book every three years.
    Martin? You never know when his next will be out - not even he does himself!

sk

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I'm definitely Ben Staad!

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Tough choice. Right now I'd have to say Bill from IT. Or Dale Barbara. I found the two of them to be quite similar.

Funny - I'm an avid King reader, but have never even considered this question.
    I've done some serious thinking, but can't really come up with an answer.

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    Funny - I'm an avid King reader, but have never even considered this question.
    I've done some serious thinking, but can't really come up with an answer.

sk
    I would think you'd have to be Stephen King in the Dart Tower books!!! LOL!!

Junior Member Visitor Mickmarseviltwin's Avatar
    Larry Underwood.

On a bad day maybe Cujo

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I would think you'd have to be Stephen King in the Dart Tower books!!! LOL!!

sk

Doh!!! Dark Tower!!

Junior Member Visitor His Majesty's Avatar
    Sheriff Alan Pangborn.

He was cool enough to make it into 2 novels. (Wait, wasn't he mentioned in Bag of Bones? Ok, 3 novels...)

Love the guy!

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Dennis Guilder of "Christine" fame--minus the athletic ability. I had to put up with a buch of crap to get other people out of jams; I stood by people when they fell out of favor with the "in crowds" and got the attention of the "wrong" people; and I never ended up with the girl either.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Later on, I ID'd with Father Callahan--not from "Salem's Lot", but from "The Wolves of the Callah":

I did my job, I served my purpose, you killed (blew) me off, why are you bringing me back in a totally arbitrary way? Leave me in peace, dammit!
    Last edited by srboone; 05-20-2011 at 05:04 PM.

StephenKingFan1
    I started at twelve as well!

StephenKingFan1
    I took a lot of tests and I am: Andy Dufresne from Shawshank Redemption

Delores Cliabore for a "good-guy" choice. She was a very strong willed woman who loved her childern very much. She had a hard life and had to put up with a lot of crap, but she did not whine and cry about it.

For a "bad-guy" choice it wold be Annie Wilkes in Misery. Even though she was crazy, she was a very tough person you did not want to mess around with.

Actually I would want to take personality traits from all the strong woman in Stephen King books. (I would love to be like 'Detta Walker, that woman has no fear at all)

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Delores Cliabore for a "good-guy" choice. She was a very strong willed woman who loved her childern very much. She had a hard life and had to put up with a lot of crap, but she did not whine and cry about it.

For a "bad-guy" choice it wold be Annie Wilkes in Misery. Even though she was crazy, she was a very tough person you did not want to mess around with.

Actually I would want to take personality traits from all the strong woman in Stephen King books. (I would love to be like 'Detta Walker, that woman has no fear at all)
    Damn. Remind me to stay on your good side! LOL

Member Part-timer
    For better or worse I slowly ,but surely- become Edgar Freemantle-(Before i read It)- disintegrated crushed hips,femoral grafts- skin cancer, polyps- like figurines I collected in those bleak years- different dissections performed,missing bone and sinew, realizing soon after that I had painted 9/11 ten years almost to the month-before it happened. I know what my Lady Friend's son is up to before she does.I am always right with my premonitions and nightmares. I put the brush to canvas or paper with initial trepidation. Like any type of artist -when i am working-I basically cannot hear anyone -music playing or not. i do not eat for days, I forget- then I gorge myself and sleep for over 24 hours. When I first read the early chapters of Duma key in a literary magazine back in '05, I felt the pain ,of divorce, surgery phantom bone pain,burning in my toes, migraines, calf deep spasms where my fibular grafts were taken away to save my hips; converge like a sudden sepia - tornado -and an influx of overwhelming ,visceral misery, and the despondency hit me so hard- I fell to the floor -weeping-no wailing,pulling my oily hair, like an old woman-I mean great whooping howls of sadness exploding out of me-a forty year old man/but some kind of grandmother/thing- who subsists on a half a tuna fish sandwich and a cup of tea per day. Great floods of tears fell puddling and pattering onto the wooden floor. I howled like a jungle canopy monkey and was totally -alone. About 2 years later,after "Cell"-I really am not too sure- when "Duma Key" was unleashed and published as a whole ,I re-read those early paragraphs (at first I said to myself"NO,not Edgar's Plight AGAIN!") and I whooped, growled,and hitched,dribble mixing with tears - all over again. It is like reading an unknown strangely, authorized biography of the destruction of my imploding marriage- after the vivisections I endured and relearning how to walk, and communicate, or care about anything all over again while paying crazy amounts of money to placate and finish a unnecessarily lengthy divorce, with my ex- wife; pro- se pontificating and chewing gum- admonishments abounding from the robed judge- as my hips ground like glass mill stones in those hard maple benches... . For Better or Worse -EdgarFreeantle aka Beambounder(What I believe going todash really is -bounding beams across time and space from Kingdom,to Barony,to deep space,to The wizard of Oz,to The Stand,To Harry Potter,To Face Shardik and Watership down. Crossing a beam instead of arrowing straight from from Bear to Turtle. Phew, that story never gets easier,-Thanks for the Question.