• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started at twelve as well!

Comment

I took a lot of tests and I am: Andy Dufresne from Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Delores Cliabore for a "good-guy" choice. She was a very strong willed woman who loved her childern very much. She had a hard life and had to put up with a lot of crap, but she did not whine and cry about it.

For a "bad-guy" choice it wold be Annie Wilkes in Misery. Even though she was crazy, she was a very tough person you did not want to mess around with.

Actually I would want to take personality traits from all the strong woman in Stephen King books. (I would love to be like 'Detta Walker, that woman has no fear at all)

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
          Delores Cliabore for a "good-guy" choice. She was a very strong willed woman who loved her childern very much. She had a hard life and had to put up with a lot of crap, but she did not whine and cry about it.

For a "bad-guy" choice it wold be Annie Wilkes in Misery. Even though she was crazy, she was a very tough person you did not want to mess around with.

Actually I would want to take personality traits from all the strong woman in Stephen King books. (I would love to be like 'Detta Walker, that woman has no fear at all)
          Damn. Remind me to stay on your good side! LOL
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

For better or worse I slowly ,but surely- become Edgar Freemantle-(Before i read It)- disintegrated crushed hips,femoral grafts- skin cancer, polyps- like figurines I collected in those bleak years- different dissections performed,missing bone and sinew, realizing soon after that I had painted 9/11 ten years almost to the month-before it happened. I know what my Lady Friend's son is up to before she does.I am always right with my premonitions and nightmares. I put the brush to canvas or paper with initial trepidation. Like any type of artist -when i am working-I basically cannot hear anyone -music playing or not. i do not eat for days, I forget- then I gorge myself and sleep for over 24 hours. When I first read the early chapters of Duma key in a literary magazine back in '05, I felt the pain ,of divorce, surgery phantom bone pain,burning in my toes, migraines, calf deep spasms where my fibular grafts were taken away to save my hips; converge like a sudden sepia - tornado -and an influx of overwhelming ,visceral misery, and the despondency hit me so hard- I fell to the floor -weeping-no wailing,pulling my oily hair, like an old woman-I mean great whooping howls of sadness exploding out of me-a forty year old man/but some kind of grandmother/thing- who subsists on a half a tuna fish sandwich and a cup of tea per day. Great floods of tears fell puddling and pattering onto the wooden floor. I howled like a jungle canopy monkey and was totally -alone. About 2 years later,after "Cell"-I really am not too sure- when "Duma Key" was unleashed and published as a whole ,I re-read those early paragraphs (at first I said to myself"NO,not Edgar's Plight AGAIN!") and I whooped, growled,and hitched,dribble mixing with tears - all over again. It is like reading an unknown strangely, authorized biography of the destruction of my imploding marriage- after the vivisections I endured and relearning how to walk, and communicate, or care about anything all over again while paying crazy amounts of money to placate and finish a unnecessarily lengthy divorce, with my ex- wife; pro- se pontificating and chewing gum- admonishments abounding from the robed judge- as my hips ground like glass mill stones in those hard maple benches... . For Better or Worse -EdgarFreeantle aka Beambounder(What I believe going todash really is -bounding beams across time and space from Kingdom,to Barony,to deep space,to The wizard of Oz,to The Stand,To Harry Potter,To Face Shardik and Watership down. Crossing a beam instead of arrowing straight from from Bear to Turtle. Phew, that story never gets easier,-Thanks for the Question.

Comment

Whew,Beambounder, I'm physically exhausted after reading your post!
              You've got some story to tell!

sk

Comment

Thanks for your patience,kind Sir. Thankee-ya big,big. Beambounder

Comment

Johnny Smith and Jack Torrence (not the abusive, drunk, possessed aspects; I see myself more of the struggling aspiring writer like Mr. Torrence).
                  "If you want to write, you write." John D. MacDonald

Comment

Bev from It. When I was a little girl all of my best friends were boys too.
                    "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I Duddits

Comment

Beambounder,
                        At times, Life stories are stronger than fiction! Remain on the Path!
                        ~AY

Comment

I'm not sure if I could be a King character, or self describe myself as one. But I wouldn't mind being in the shoes of that kid from Everything's Eventual. Just for an extended vacation you see; live the life of Riley and every so often I could send out some japps, fouders and mirks and imagine what happened next.
                          ~^~You can't win if you don't play~^~

Comment

Hmmm.....good question!
                            On a good day-Brett from Maximum Overdrive or Donna from Cujo, both tough and loyal broads! Ok so not so much the loyal part with Donna but she is tough!
                            On a bad day-Annie Wilkes.
                            Last edited by misery chastain loves co.; 06-09-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Not a lot of female characters. My husband says I'm the daughter in Duma Key. Maybe 10 years ago, but nowadays I'm feeling like Jake's mom in the Dark Tower series.

Comment

Interestingly enough, I've never contemplated this. Now I'll have to do some thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X