• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may just have something for thissss
    ~^~You can't win if you don't play~^~

Comment

::rubs grimy little paws with glee::
      A couple of picky little questions:
      1) Can anybody read the entries, or will access to the actual entries be restricted to registered members? I ask because some markets consider a story to be previously published if it's posted on a public site that anyone can access. (A different board which held an online contest dealt with this by posting the entries on a board that was only accessible to registered members who needed to enter their passwords to access the board.)
      2) For the 10,000 character limit, are you including spaces between words? If so, is it OK to have a single space between sentences rather than two spaces?

Comment

Originally posted by portrait in flesh View Post
        ::rubs grimy little paws with glee::
        A couple of picky little questions:
        1) Can anybody read the entries, or will access to the actual entries be restricted to registered members? I ask because some markets consider a story to be previously published if it's posted on a public site that anyone can access. (A different board which held an online contest dealt with this by posting the entries on a board that was only accessible to registered members who needed to enter their passwords to access the board.)
        2) For the 10,000 character limit, are you including spaces between words? If so, is it OK to have a single space between sentences rather than two spaces?
        As of right now, the entry section is publicly visible. I will however confer with Brian tomorrow to see if we need to change that. I will make a post if we do, but for now assume it will be publicly viewable. As for the characters, it's what the forum software is set to. So your story has to fit in a single post on the forums. I have no problem with a single space between sentences.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Here's another update. We just decided that the submission section will no longer be "Publicly" viewable. This means you will have to be a registered user to view the contest entries. Thanks!

Instagram

Comment

Greeting from Massachusetts! Though I'm a bit technophobic, I'm happy to be amongst such pleasant company on this forum. In fact, this is my first online discussion contribution ever. Anyway, I'm looking forward to posting my story at midnight on June 1st. Been working (and re-working and re-working, etc.) this tale for almost two years now. I think that's a personal record. Well, I'm finally content with the newest version, and I hope all of you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Best of luck to all of the contest entrants! This one's going to be tough to win, but we're in it for the guts and not for the glory. Well...perhaps for a bit of both.
            "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

I'd love to have a go at this. If I can find some quiet time this weekend...
              http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

It's been a great learning experience taking the idea I initially came up with and making it work as a short-short. Thank you so much for running this contest!

Comment

I'm so glad everyone seems to be excited about this. Hopefully it goes well and we can do many more, or similar things in the future.

Instagram

Comment

I'd love to see a 1st Chapter contest for horror/suspense novels here (for selfish reasons, yes, but also because I'd love to see what people put up). My own entry for this one's finally almost done. I've never had to be so merciless with the delete button. Looking forward to seeing where this contest goes.
                    www.nikhouser.com

Comment

I have a quick question: If a word or phrase is needed to be italisized in our stories, should we go ahead and italisize it in the post or should it be underlined? I know it's a stupid question, but I just want to make sure everything is formatted correctly for viewing. Thanks.
                      www.wesleysouthard.wordpress.com

Comment

Initial draft done. Now to whip it into shape. ::cues training montage scene complete with bitchin' 80s soundtrack::

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySouthard View Post
                          I have a quick question: If a word or phrase is needed to be italisized in our stories, should we go ahead and italisize it in the post or should it be underlined? I know it's a stupid question, but I just want to make sure everything is formatted correctly for viewing. Thanks.
                          I'm not really sure. I would probably italicize it in the post.

Instagram

Comment

writing contest

This sounds great. This is my first post but I hope to have something ready by the deadline.

Comment

I'm still somewhat fuzzy on the character requirements. 10,000 with or without spaces? I've pared my story down to about 9400 without spaces. Would this be suitable for submission?

Comment

Will the submissions be open at midnight on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning? If so, what time zone will be used? Thanks.
                                http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X