Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a fantastic find. Congratulations.
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Not a yard sale, but I found a little used book shop yesterday and found The Magazine of Science Fiction & Fantasy, July and November 1981 issues. For 50c each.

That's two of the issues that contain the original novellas that make up The Gunslinger.

Comment

Not a yard sale, but I found a little used book shop yesterday and found The Magazine of Science Fiction & Fantasy, July and November 1981 issues. For 50c each.

That's two of the issues that contain the original novellas that make up The Gunslinger.
      A GREAT buy! Congratulations!

John

Comment

Fantastic find!

Comment

Sweet pick! I'd like to see a pic of that!

Comment

Not Saturday, not a yard sale, but I had to post my finds from yesterday. I stopped at a thrift store and found these three, for $1.00 each. I was particularly happy with the Dahl!
            IMG_0590.jpg
            Keep looking!

Comment

Gotta love second hand stores and yard sales. Great places to find some hidden treasures!

Comment

That is awesome! My copy of that Dahl cost $20 and has a big dent at the top of the spine, and I had to argue the price down to 20. Great score!
                Last edited by bugen; 11-18-2015, 10:19 PM. Reason: listed wrong price first
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Picked up the Complete Gary Larson at a thrift store yesterday $8.00! The books are huge, almost 20 pounds. Put the James Ellroy there for scale. Love Larson.IMG_0607.jpg

Comment

Wow! That's beyond a good deal. Congrats!

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    Picked up the Complete Gary Larson at a thrift store yesterday $8.00! The books are huge, almost 20 pounds. Put the James Ellroy there for scale. Love Larson.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17583[/ATTACH]

Comment

Picked up the Complete Gary Larson at a thrift store yesterday $8.00! The books are huge, almost 20 pounds. Put the James Ellroy there for scale. Love Larson.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17583[/ATTACH]
                      That Larson collection is fantastic!!!! That and the Complete Calvin and Hobbs are priceless.

Comment

IMG_0658.jpgAlright, Yard Sale season has kicked into gear. I picked these neat old metal owl bookends up yesterday, along with the Robert Ripley Book. I Loved the Gold Key Comic book of Ripley's Believe it or Not and who can forget Jack Palance from the TV show. The custom slipcase for Joe Abercrombie came from Kim and Camelot books! Have a great week!IMG_0655.jpgIMG_0656.jpgIMG_0657.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18498[/ATTACH]Alright, Yard Sale season has kicked into gear. I picked these neat old metal owl bookends up yesterday, along with the Robert Ripley Book. I Loved the Gold Key Comic book of Ripley's Believe it or Not and who can forget Jack Palance from the TV show. The custom slipcase for Joe Abercrombie came from Kim and Camelot books! Have a great week![ATTACH=CONFIG]18495[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18497[/ATTACH]
                          Love the bookends and the Ripley book!

Comment

Those bookends are a cool find...I love unusual brass bookends. Here are a few of mine (excuse the dust...these are on top of my tall barrister bookcases and so see sporadic dusting at best):

bookend6_zpszb7yaqur.jpg

bookend4_zpsspvg7cd5.jpg

bookend3_zpstmohhxfu.jpg

bookend2_zpszaqdetth.jpg

Not brass, but still kinda neat:

bookend1_zpswka25bam.jpg
                            Last edited by RonClinton; 05-23-2016, 06:27 AM.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Too cool! I'm such a sucker for Bookends. I'm always amazed at how expensive they are sometimes.

Comment

All those bookends are really cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X