No announcement yet.

Saturday Yardsales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice stuff! The owls and the Shattered Sea books are great, and love all the bookend pics!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Here are my bookends in case anyone's a fan of the PC puzzle-game, Portal.

SAM_5092.jpg

SAM_5094.jpg
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I always worry about bookends with anchors that go under the books.

Comment

Pretty cool, Andrew.

Comment

I love all those bookends ... especially the art deco leaning nude woman and the woman with the arched back ... really, really cool!

Comment

Hello Ray Bradbury Friends. I wanted to share this find this morning. I was nosing around in a thrift store, as I am want to do and stumbled across this. It just shouted Carnival and Bradbury at me!! For $12.00 I couldn't pass it up! My weekend is off to a great start, hope yours's is as well!
              Sideshow.jpgSideshow 2.jpg
              Last edited by mhatchett; 04-26-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Slim pickings until the end, when I found a couple of books and this gargoyle. Happy hunting guys!
                garg..jpg

Comment

I was off today and hit a couple of thrift stores. Nothing I can retire on but some fun adds. I'm especially pleased with the Folio set of Georges Simenon's Maigret.
                  Resize 1.jpg

Resize 2.jpg

Comment

Nice haul!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

It's not Saturday But...Close LOL.

While I was out gallivanting today, I stopped in at an “Antique Shop”. Actually more of an odds and end shop, but I have found somet interesting things there in the past. Today I found someone’s treasured collection of Sherlock Holmes books and movies. I mean, there were some great things, as you can see from the pictures. The three Jeremy Brett items, two books and the pamphlet are the jewels in the crown. I paid $3.00 for Bending the Willow, 1996 Ed., it is going for around $250.00 on ABE. The Jeremy Brett - Linda Pritchard Story is going for $95.00. The pamphlet, Remembering Jeremy Brett 1997, $108.00. I haven’t checked the other titles yet. As I was looking through the books, the shop owner told me they also had a Sherlock Holmes lamp that had come in with the books. Really, I said. I had to see it, even I couldn’t afford it. Turns out, I could afford it. I paid $68.00 for all the books and the lamp. I felt great for getting a good deal, I didn’t even haggle, which is unusual for me. I felt even better for rescuing a small part of someone’s passion.

S. Holmes.jpgLamp.jpgLamp 2.jpg
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

While I was out gallivanting today, I stopped in at an “Antique Shop”. Actually more of an odds and end shop, but I have found somet interesting things there in the past. Today I found someone’s treasured collection of Sherlock Holmes books and movies. I mean, there were some great things, as you can see from the pictures. The three Jeremy Brett items, two books and the pamphlet are the jewels in the crown. I paid $3.00 for Bending the Willow, 1996 Ed., it is going for around $250.00 on ABE. The Jeremy Brett - Linda Pritchard Story is going for $95.00. The pamphlet, Remembering Jeremy Brett 1997, $108.00. I haven’t checked the other titles yet. As I was looking through the books, the shop owner told me they also had a Sherlock Holmes lamp that had come in with the books. Really, I said. I had to see it, even I couldn’t afford it. Turns out, I could afford it. I paid $68.00 for all the books and the lamp. I felt great for getting a good deal, I didn’t even haggle, which is unusual for me. I felt even better for rescuing a small part of someone’s passion.

S. Holmes.jpgLamp.jpgLamp 2.jpg
                          Great finds. They look like they were well cared for also.

Comment

Congrats on the great finds! I can see my wife wanting these items. I dread the day we start going to antique stores . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              Congrats on the great finds! I can see my wife wanting these items. I dread the day we start going to antique stores . . .
                              try to steer towards Flea Markets, Estate/Yard Sales LOl!! You'll have fun....

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Great finds at a great price, congrats! I have to say my only freebie find so far was a tatty first edition copy of The Stand. I found that while attending a viewing. The funeral home had books-by-the-yard decorating, and The Stand caught my eye. I asked if I could take it, and they said yes

Comment

Working...
                                X