Saturday Yardsales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Yardsales

Just got back from the Saturday yardsales. Irene and I found a nice Estate sale. I came home with a good handful of books. They were going for a dollar each. Interesting titles.
    1. The Tao of Chaos. Wolinsky
    2. The Story of Mysticism. Graef
    3. Mysticism Examined. Jones
    4. The Gnostic Bible. Shambhala Press
    5. Bells Magic Book. Page
    6. The Seret societies of all Ages & Countries. Heckethorn
    7. Dunninger's Complete Encyclopedia of Magic.
    8. The Amateur Magician's Handbook. Henry Hay

On occasion I find something valuable, but I always find something interesting. I just love rummaging through other peoples books. Being able to bring a few home is just a bonus. By the way, Irene found a few garden items. Have a great weekend everybody. Stop by and see me on Librarything if you get a chance, I'm listed as mhatchett.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 07-28-2012, 05:10 PM. Reason: Spelling!

I had a garage sale last weekend with over 700 books in it for $1 or less each. We sold about ten books and some other things and made $67.75. It sucked and made for an ultra-depressing weekend.

Comment

At least you found some good 'uns.

Comment

If I'd have found yours, I'm sure I would have found better! HAHAHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
          I had a garage sale last weekend with over 700 books in it for $1 or less each. We sold about ten books and some other things and made $67.75. It sucked and made for an ultra-depressing weekend.
          Any CD titles or SK's in that batch?

Comment

Very nice trove you found ther! Congratulations!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Very nice trove you found ther! Congratulations!
              Thanks, I was pretty happy! I usually find a few things and it's nice to get out and about when the weather is nice.

Comment

I probably would have purchased all those too.

Right now my only books come from libraries and yard sales - unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be too many readers around here. At least none that are giving anything up. :-(

Comment

Thought I'd come back to this. Found a few things this Saturday. The Richmond Animal League had a bag sale for books, $5.00. Found some pretty good stuff.IMG_0564.jpgIMG_0565.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0568.jpg Remember Willard?

Comment

"I prefer not to"

Comment

Surely you jest sir? Name two better rat movies then Willard and Ben. Not to mention a great Michael Jackson song lol!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Surely you jest sir? Name two better rat movies then Willard and Ben. Not to mention a great Michael Jackson song lol!
                        LOL!! Embarrassing for me. For some strange reason I got that Bartleby quote in my head and associated it with rats. It's actually "I would prefer not to". I don't know, brain fart maybe, lack of oxygen to said brain, not enough caffeine, etc...... Anyway, yes, I agree, both good movies but ya forgot Graveyard Shift

Comment

Yard sales/charity book sale are great ways to find some hidden gems even. I haven't really found any jaw droppers (yet), but seem to always find a neat (at times very beat up) paperback at yard sales locally.

Comment

I went to a local charity sale about two months ago and walked away with a first edition of Wizard and Glass (trade) and two signed copies of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell (a black DJ and a white DJ) for less than ten bucks total.

Comment

Not a yard sale, but I found a little used book shop yesterday and found The Magazine of Science Fiction & Fantasy, July and November 1981 issues. For 50c each.

That's two of the issues that contain the original novellas that make up The Gunslinger.

Comment

Working...
                              X