Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Writing a short story Round Robin style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing a short story Round Robin style.

I know this was done before on the forum but I couldn't find the thread for it. I wanted to do this quite awhile ago but put it off. Too much going on at the time. The difference with this one would be instead of writing just one sentence it could be a paragraph or 3 pages. I have written the first part to start this story off and will be looking for anyone who would be interested to continue it. I will post the first part this evening when I get home from work. and explain a bit more on what i'm looking for and then let the imaginations fly. Anyone interested it continuing the story can PM me or reply to the this thread. I will give a week for anyone to sign up to work on it. Then I will draw names for who will go first, second and so on. I'm thinking a week for each person to write their part. The concept of this story is not new and there is a bit of a humurous side to it but I would love to see how it would turn out.

Part one tonight and I hope it is good enough to generate some interest in continuing the story.

I'm in!
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I hope this goes better than our first unfinished attempt... We actually got pretty far...

Count me in!

Comment

Yeah, that was going pretty decent, even though each writer changed the narrator, but that was interesting. I think that one fizzled out because participants were too busy with other things.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I am just finishing up the first part .. have to rewrite a few things.. should be up by 9 eastern time .. just let me know when i post this first part if this story is ok for this. if not i do have another i was working on for this very same thing.

Comment

I am going to put the story in a new thread called round robin story... anyone else wanting to write a part let me know in this thread..also should i draw names or just let it go in the order that everyone answered on the forum.

the story is about making wishes. He will get every wish he makes but something terrible will happen as a side effect.

Comment

terry, Pete are you ok with the beginning of the story.. if not we can knock around a few ideas and see how we want to go with this. I am fine with any suggestions

Comment

I'm okay with the beginning. You're right, this is territory that has been covered before. I thought of "It's a Good Life". But we can always put our own, new twists in.
                I have a couple questions, to see if you even considered these issues.

1) Do you have an explanation of how the wish power works, or is it purely supernatural. We should have a definite answer as to whether it is an alien or demon, no equivocation. We don't have to answer why It grants the wishes, but this is almost unlimited power so there should be some explanation.

2) I can live with the fact that there are no backsies on the wishes. But even if everyone is dead (for reasons to be determined later), why can't Willie just wish new people into existence?

Comment

Lets see if i can answer these questions.

1) i'm thinking the wish power should be purely supernatural thats seems to be the best way to make it work. i am also thinking demon instead of alien.. the confusion being he found this thing where the meteor struck. so maybe an alien or the meteor striking the ground opened up a way for this demon to come up. He can reach the conclusion of this being a demon during the writing of the story.

2) the demon has full control over the wishes and can decide what wishes to grant. That's why he can't wish the demon away or wish for more people. but who knows the demon may let him wish more people into existence to have more people to torment and kill.

Comment

I'm good with the beginning as well. Terry brought up good points so its good that we cleared them up a bit.

I'm thinking a bit about the meteor and the demon, just playing around with ideas in my head. Maybe a fallen angel, banished, is now causing all of this...?

Comment

Ooohhh, I like the idea of an angel, late to fall. Like one of those defectors who is so pissed at the old home country, they'll do anything to destroy it (or in this case God's favorite creation). But there has to be a mechanism or explanation as to why he is limited to granting wishes, even if he's able to twist them. Do any of you guys know the reasoning behind the Djinn's granting of wishes? I don't, but can research it if you don't know. It could be something similar binding the angel/demon to our main character.

I've even got a scenario for the population decimation. Have you ever wished a debilitating disease on some stranger (maybe that a-hole who cut you off in traffic)? Said stranger gets new, strange disease, but guess what? It's highly infectious.

Comment

Oooh, i like the disease part Terry!

Comment

I like the fallen angel and disease part. as for the mechanism or explanation as to why he can't do a few things if its a fallen angel that's easy God.

Comment

I will give until Sunday evening to see if anyone else is interested in signing up for this, if not lets get this baby rolling i think we should go Terry, Pete than me and continue in that order until story reaches its end. That is if no one else wants to give it a go.
                            should we make a seperate thread . so others can comment on this as we continue this story.

Comment

So I'm guess it will be just the 3 of us. Terry your up .. have fun with it...

Comment

Working...
                              X