Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King story most in need of a sequel/prequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a fan of after-thought sequels and prequels.

But I think Roland LeBay, Christine's original owner, might have a tale to tell that's worth hearing...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'd love for King and Straub to revisit Jack Sawyer like they keep promising.

Comment

They will, they will - I don't think it'll be too long....

sk

Comment

yes...http://shelf-life.ew.com/2009/11/25/...hining-sequel/

in case link doesn't work, it was when Under the Dome came out. He talks about that title but that it wasn't likely to happen. On his site at one time I thought he did a poll to get fan reaction about what book they'd like to see, Dr. Sleep or a new dark tower and we know a new dark tower is on the way so maybe he has dropped the idea for now.

Comment

For now, maybe, but I bet Dr. Sleep will be here sooner than we think.

sk

Comment

Storm of the Century is one of my personal favorites. I would be more than happy to see some addition to that storyline..

Comment

I would love to see a sequel to "The Mist". Also, I'd love to see a sequel to "Pet Semetary". Wasn't there a brief metion of the Wendigo in that book? I'd love to see that creature woven into the fabric of a sequel. And then there's "Popsy", the creature from the story of the same name who is also the title character in "The Night Flier" (according to King himself). I'd love to know more about him *and* his grandson. And while we're on that subject, I *REALLY* want to know more about what goes on on that boat that Popsy's grandson was headed for. That idea, in and of itself, would make a fantastic (and *horrifying*!) story.

Comment

All of these are superb ideas so far. However, I haven't seen mention of Needful Things (one of my top five favorite King novels ever). In the epilogue, Leland Gaunt--under a new name--had set up shop in another unsuspecting town. For the past twenty years, I've contemplated what happened there and how many other places that little devil tormented in such deviously entertaining ways. But even more interesting would be to see him team up with an uber-villian like Randall Flagg to wreak havoc in this world and/or in the many others in the King universe. Or, better yet, Gaunt vs. Flagg. Let the epic battle begin...
                  "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorScribe View Post
                    All of these are superb ideas so far. However, I haven't seen mention of Needful Things (one of my top five favorite King novels ever). In the epilogue, Leland Gaunt--under a new name--had set up shop in another unsuspecting town.
                    I think in the sequel, Leland's new store would be called Ebay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      I think in the sequel, Leland's new store would be called Ebay!!!
                      Love it!

sk

Comment

Ebay can be fairly horrific in any number of ways. Perhaps the creator was inspired by Needful Things. Why not pit the world's online shoppers against one another? Talk about population control! Perhaps we've uncovered a conspiracy here...

**extricates himself out of that most unforgiving of blackholes called a "tangent"**

Anyway, re-routing myself to a destination approximating a sequel-related topic: Does King intend to complete The Plant? He offered what was titled "Part One: Zenith Rising" on his website about ten years ago. When I finished reading it, I asked myself, "Where's the rest of it?" What a tease that was. However, I'll be first in line to purchase the (currently hypothetical) continuation of that tale. No matter the cost. I need closure so that the section of my brain dedicated to unresolved thoughts regarding The Plant can be used for something more productive than wondering about this story that may very well never reach completion.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorScribe View Post
                          Anyway, re-routing myself to a destination approximating a sequel-related topic: Does King intend to complete The Plant?
                          He says he doesn't. But that would be such a shame, I think.
                          I still have part 1 lying unread on my shelves, hoping against hope for the day King will water his Plant again.

sk

Comment

Where could I find The Plant? I didn't hear about it until recently, so I have yet to read part 1. Then again, maybe that wouldn't be a good idea if King won't complete the story, lol
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                              Where could I find The Plant?
                              Unforutunately, The Plant hasn't been available to download in eleven years or so. Although you may already be aware of this portion of King's web site, here is a link to information regarding The Plant: http://www.stephenking.com/library/n...sing_the.html/.

Comment

I would like to see more about Jack Sawyer and I had heard that Peter and Stephen have already considered it likely. Another character I'd like more of is that old guy from Thinner. Now I know Richard Bachman died of pseudonym cancer back in, like, '85. But I think Stephen could carry the torch for that old gypsy.
                                ~^~You can't win if you don't play~^~

Comment

Working...
                                X