Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: King story most in need of a sequel/prequel.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Storm of the Century is one of my personal favorites. I would be more than happy to see some addition to that storyline..

I would love to see a sequel to "The Mist". Also, I'd love to see a sequel to "Pet Semetary". Wasn't there a brief metion of the Wendigo in that book? I'd love to see that creature woven into the fabric of a sequel. And then there's "Popsy", the creature from the story of the same name who is also the title character in "The Night Flier" (according to King himself). I'd love to know more about him *and* his grandson. And while we're on that subject, I *REALLY* want to know more about what goes on on that boat that Popsy's grandson was headed for. That idea, in and of itself, would make a fantastic (and *horrifying*!) story.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed HorrorScribe's Avatar
    All of these are superb ideas so far. However, I haven't seen mention of Needful Things (one of my top five favorite King novels ever). In the epilogue, Leland Gaunt--under a new name--had set up shop in another unsuspecting town. For the past twenty years, I've contemplated what happened there and how many other places that little devil tormented in such deviously entertaining ways. But even more interesting would be to see him team up with an uber-villian like Randall Flagg to wreak havoc in this world and/or in the many others in the King universe. Or, better yet, Gaunt vs. Flagg. Let the epic battle begin...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorScribe View Post
    All of these are superb ideas so far. However, I haven't seen mention of Needful Things (one of my top five favorite King novels ever). In the epilogue, Leland Gaunt--under a new name--had set up shop in another unsuspecting town.
    I think in the sequel, Leland's new store would be called Ebay!!!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think in the sequel, Leland's new store would be called Ebay!!!
    Love it!

sk

Ebay can be fairly horrific in any number of ways. Perhaps the creator was inspired by Needful Things. Why not pit the world's online shoppers against one another? Talk about population control! Perhaps we've uncovered a conspiracy here...

**extricates himself out of that most unforgiving of blackholes called a "tangent"**

Anyway, re-routing myself to a destination approximating a sequel-related topic: Does King intend to complete The Plant? He offered what was titled "Part One: Zenith Rising" on his website about ten years ago. When I finished reading it, I asked myself, "Where's the rest of it?" What a tease that was. However, I'll be first in line to purchase the (currently hypothetical) continuation of that tale. No matter the cost. I need closure so that the section of my brain dedicated to unresolved thoughts regarding The Plant can be used for something more productive than wondering about this story that may very well never reach completion.

Quote Originally Posted by HorrorScribe View Post
    Anyway, re-routing myself to a destination approximating a sequel-related topic: Does King intend to complete The Plant?
    He says he doesn't. But that would be such a shame, I think.
    I still have part 1 lying unread on my shelves, hoping against hope for the day King will water his Plant again.

sk

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Where could I find The Plant? I didn't hear about it until recently, so I have yet to read part 1. Then again, maybe that wouldn't be a good idea if King won't complete the story, lol

Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Where could I find The Plant?
    Unforutunately, The Plant hasn't been available to download in eleven years or so. Although you may already be aware of this portion of King's web site, here is a link to information regarding The Plant: http://www.stephenking.com/library/n...sing_the.html/.

I would like to see more about Jack Sawyer and I had heard that Peter and Stephen have already considered it likely. Another character I'd like more of is that old guy from Thinner. Now I know Richard Bachman died of pseudonym cancer back in, like, '85. But I think Stephen could carry the torch for that old gypsy.
    ~^~You can't win if you don't play~^~

Quote Originally Posted by Nocdar View Post
    I would like to see more about Jack Sawyer and I had heard that Peter and Stephen have already considered it likely.
    More than likely - definitely.
    It's only a matter of finding the right time.
    I think (hope!) soon.

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    More than likely - definitely.
    It's only a matter of finding the right time.
    I think (hope!) soon.

sk
    I hope you are right!
    "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Draven Ames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copefiend2 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere this book was maybe in the works and it had a title of something like Dr. Sleep? Can anyone else confirm this.
    I heard that, too. I read it on his forums.

Dr. Sleep is the upcoming sequel to The Shining, not Talisman III.

sk

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    More than likely
    The question is whether it would be a book or for the graphic novel line they are planning for talisman.

Going by what King and Straub have revealed so far, there will be a third Talisman novel.
    The question being, when will these authors find the opportunity to work together again?!

The graphic Talisman novel is out there.
    At least, the first arc: The Road of Trials.
    I don't think it sold too well, so unfortunately (I feel) this project is on hiatus for now.
    Forever???

sk

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed njhorror's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
    storm of the century is one of my personal favorites. I would be more than happy to see some addition to that storyline..

yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    re: Dr. Sleep. When King did his Under the Dome signing in Baltimore, he mentioned his thoughts on this idea. He said the same things that are mentioned in the EW article linked above. But he also mentioned tinkering with the idea of Danny hooking up with Charlie McGee from Firestarter. Now wouldn't they have some interesting children???

It's been 26 years since Pennywise last walked the streets of Derry. Did the kids really kill It? If not, It's cycle is due to restart real, real soon.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryE View Post

It's been 26 years since Pennywise last walked the streets of Derry. Did the kids really kill It? If not, It's cycle is due to restart real, real soon.
    ...and now Pennywise has given up on Derry, only to pay a visit to... Castle Rock. Now that I would like to see.

Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryE View Post
    re: Dr. Sleep. When King did his Under the Dome signing in Baltimore, he mentioned his thoughts on this idea. He said the same things that are mentioned in the EW article linked above. But he also mentioned tinkering with the idea of Danny hooking up with Charlie McGee from Firestarter. Now wouldn't they have some interesting children???

That would be a really good book. Hope so.