In Progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Progress...

I'm starting this thread to keep y'all informed on what I'm currently working on, as far as writing projects are concerned.

THE DARK'UN: Essential Ronald Kelly Collection Volume #3, THE DARK'UN (published by Zebra in 1991 under the title SOMETHING OUT THERE) has been sent to the printer, along with its companion novella, "Of Crows & Pale Doves". Alex McVey's cover for this one is dark and foreboding, and truthfully a departure from the UNDERTAKER'S MOON and FEAR covers. Paul at Thunderstorm has sent me the signature sheets and I will be doing them this weekend. He sent along a white pen, since I will be signing on a black background... a first for me.

HINDSIGHT: Also, I'm currently about halfway into a thorough edit of Essential Volume #4, HINDSIGHT. This is the first time I've read through this book (my first novel) since it was published in 1990. It is alot like kicking off your shoes and walking a shady country road to the old home place. HINDSIGHT is based on my mother's life as a child during the Great Depression and her gift of second sight (I'm not pulling your leg... she really possessed the gift and I witnessed both its wonderful and dreadful manifestation many times, from my childhood until Mama's death in 1989). So this book has alot of personal depth and resonance for me. Also it is loosely based on a tripe-murder case that actually happened during the same time period (also releated to my mother's side of the family). After doing the full novel edit, I'll write the companion novella "Potter's Field" and the "Writing of" feature. I hope to have HINDSIGHT ready for Paul by the first of August. Incidently, Alex and I collaborated on the cover of this one and it is the cover that I always imagined for the book (the one that Zebra refused to do). The model for Cindy Ann (the protagonist) on the cover is my youngest daughter, Makenna (who is identical to my mother at that age, blazing red hair and all).

Sounds good Ron!

Hows the shipping coming along?

Comment

Wow Ron I can't wait for these 2 books.Were you able to recover your book for CD that was hard drive bound? Hope so.Glad you are back on track.I know it has been difficult for you.

Comment

Excited about more Thunderstorm editions, Ron! I do hope everything turns out allright with AD&BG.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Great News! I know were looking forward to adding those to our collections. Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted. Stay out of the heat and sign, sign, sign.
          MDH

Comment

Looking forward to the new releases!!! Dark'Un and Hindsight sound like very good books on your website.

Comment

Finished the Hindsight novella and turned that and the novel manuscript into Thunderstorm Books on Monday.

I am now working on a Signature Series book for CD. Looking to be a hellacious dark comedy pitting a good-old-boy moonshiner against a cult of devil-worshipping senior citizens...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                Finished the Hindsight novella and turned that and the novel manuscript into Thunderstorm Books on Monday.

I am now working on a Signature Series book for CD. Looking to be a hellacious dark comedy pitting a good-old-boy moonshiner against a cult of devil-worshipping senior citizens...
                Awesome! I just love CD's Signature Series!

Comment

Great news about Hindsight! Senior Citizen Devil Worshippers sounds wildly intriguing as well.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Sounds like my last family reunion..Great news. Happy to see you back on track.
                    Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                    Great news about Hindsight! Senior Citizen Devil Worshippers sounds wildly intriguing as well.

Comment

I'm currently doing the revision of PITFALL for the Essential collection and hope to have it finished by this weekend. I'm finding this one much easier to deal with; PITFALL was the shortest of my Zebra novels and the editing process is much less mundane and maddening compared to some of the others.

I'll be working on the novella for PITFALL -- "The Last of the Chupacabra" -- over the Thanksgiving holiday. Then I'll begin work on Essential #6, TWELVE GAUGE, the week after Christmas.

Comment

That's great news Ron!!

Comment

Cool. So possibly we will see 2 essential books next year. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            Cool. So possibly we will see 2 essential books next year. Great.
                            Actually, we're shooting for four Essentials in 2014. I'd like to wrap this series up to work on more stand-alone novels and a Horror/Western serial that Paul at TB and I have been discussing for a couple of years now.

Comment

Actually, we're shooting for four Essentials in 2014. I'd like to wrap this series up to work on more stand-alone novels and a Horror/Western serial that Paul at TB and I have been discussing for a couple of years now.

Comment

Working...
                              X