• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, paper does cut finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristopher Kelly View Post
      Anyone else heard anything?
      I haven't heard a thing. Using the quiet to plow forward with my novel. I keep reading all these fabulous navel gazing ya novels to stay in the right headspace for my current project--if I wasn't doing that, I imagine I might just slowly become insane.

Comment

This week's episode of Don't You Dare Refresh Your Email Every 60 Seconds, Wehunt features our hero rereading The Shining. I'm probably the only person on earth rereading that book this week, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristopher Kelly View Post
          It has been too quiet on this board lately. I like all you scriveners, and if I could carry your stories up Mount Doom, I would.

Cage match would be fun. Would certainly be better than an endless game of rock-paper-scissors.

(Paper ... paper ... paper ... paper ... )
          Paper disproves Spock.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

This is me if I receive a CD acceptance on Halloween: 1146124_10201280912499148_1015849438_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
              Paper disproves Spock.
              For some reason when I was reading this quickly at first I read that as Paper DISSOLVES Spock, lol
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

While a Halloween acceptance would be awesome. Oh man, that's 31 days away. Frothy mugs of your dream drink to all of us waiting! Also a reminder to breathe.

Comment

Through the voyeurism of Facebook, I know that a few days ago a certain heralded publisher intended to finish the book he was reading then move on to "30 or so submissions." Hold onto your laptops, boys and girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Wehunt View Post
                    Through the voyeurism of Facebook, I know that a few days ago a certain heralded publisher intended to finish the book he was reading then move on to "30 or so submissions." Hold onto your laptops, boys and girls.
                    Oh gez. Oh holy gez. Oh holy stigmata gez.

Comment

And with that information, there go a few more nails. I was doing so good about playing it cool and not chewing out my waittime, too.

Comment

This is me if I receive a CD acceptance on Halloween: [ATTACH=CONFIG]13452[/ATTACH]
                        Is it Halloween yet? This would be me if that happens on Halloween.

Comment

Lauren, good thing you chose the BEFORE picture rather than the AFTER.

Comment

The after photo is if it's a rejection, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Victorya View Post
                              The after photo is if it's a rejection, I suppose.
                              Ha, totally right, Michael and Victorya! It's interesting; "Carrie" was one of the few horror movies I was allowed to watch growing up. I was allowed to read anything I wanted, but not watch anything I wanted. But, basically, Stephen King was hero supreme around our house. So, the one exception to the "no horror movie" rule was if it was a movie based on one of his books, I was allowed. He once praised Beavis and Butthead, and because of that, my mom actually let me watch that show. Maybe that explains everything.

Comment

So, we've been waiting hundreds of day for this dude to finish his frikkin book? He doesn't have the decency to put his book down for five minutes to let a bunch of aspiring writers that he's NOT going to buy their stories (cause let's face it, he's going to reject +90% of us)? I mean, seriously, he's made me wait this long and he can't even take the time to let me down professionally. Thanks, dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X