No announcement yet.

Cemetery Dance magazine to re-open to submissions later this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about all the rejections today, forum friends. Sad day, but keep sending those stories back out. You all obviously did something right.

And I would love the offer to submit again, Brian. I subscribe to the magazine, always look forward to it, and I spend way too much money on CD books, too!

Love what you all do. Keep it up. I look forward to the chance to try again.

Comment

I haven't submitted a story, as I do not consider myself anywhere near good enough to even try. That said, I do think that only inviting forum members the chance to submit pieces next time around is a really good idea.

All credit to Brian for allowing this and I sincerely look forward to reading posts from you guys confirming that your work has been selected for publication.
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren Dixon View Post
        I had a year where I just did not want to write because of what I considered "dire consequences" of inhabiting terrible spaces I never wanted my mind to go. But like you say, an addiction, to be sure.
        I understand that. A lot of my horror stuff comes from things my mother did to keep me 'in line' - BUt in that it's also taking control of the memories. Still, sometimes it's hard to go places especially knowing nothing I can make up is stranger or more horrifying than what's out there in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Victorya View Post
          I understand that. A lot of my horror stuff comes from things my mother did to keep me 'in line' - BUt in that it's also taking control of the memories. Still, sometimes it's hard to go places especially knowing nothing I can make up is stranger or more horrifying than what's out there in the real world.
          Major truth.

Comment

Final acceptance and rejection emails have been sent. If you have not heard back, email me at [email protected] and I'll look into it for you. Thanks!

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
              Final acceptance and rejection emails have been sent. If you have not heard back, email me at [email protected] and I'll look into it for you. Thanks!

Brian
              Thanks for the opportunity Brian and everyone else at CD. I look forward to seeing who made the cut and reading their stories. A big congrats to any forum members who made it. I've already seen a couple of excellent acceptances.
              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Anyone on the boards get good news?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
                  Thanks again, Brian. Until next time!

Comment

HUZZAH!!! I am absolutely over the moon to report that CD accepted my story "Citizen Flame" for a future issue. This has always been the horror grail for me. Thanks so much Brian and everyone at CD for giving all of us this opportunity to show you our work. As you said in a previous post Brian, you didn't have to open up those spots, but you did anyway, so again, HUGE thanks to you and this amazing community of readers, writers, and nail biters.
                    www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nik Houser View Post
                      HUZZAH!!! I am absolutely over the moon to report that CD accepted my story "Citizen Flame" for a future issue. This has always been the horror grail for me. Thanks so much Brian and everyone at CD for giving all of us this opportunity to show you our work. As you said in a previous post Brian, you didn't have to open up those spots, but you did anyway, so again, HUGE thanks to you and this amazing community of readers, writers, and nail biters.
                      Congrats, Nik!

Comment

Thanks, Lauren! Clarion West represent!
                        www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Big congrats, Nik!

Comment

Big congratulations, Nik - way to go!

Comment

HUGE congrats, Nik!!

Brian emailed to tell me they'd accidentally sent me a rejection yesterday morning. So a rejection turned into an acceptance! "The Inconsolable" will be in Cemetery Dance! CD is indeed a Holy Grail. The news still hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Comment

Congrats, as well, Michael.

Comment

Working...
                                X