No announcement yet.

Cemetery Dance magazine to re-open to submissions later this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, and i'll definitely send in another story next time ... got to keep trying

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
      Thanks, and i'll definitely send in another story next time ... got to keep trying
      Good attitude! Better luck next time!

I am going to try next time as well!

Comment

Just grateful they gave us all a chance and opened their doors for a few months. It's been a dream of mine for decades to see a story in Cemetery Dance.

Comment

Good luck to all of you that have made it this far.
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Thanks for this news, Brian. I can't imagine sifting through that many emails!

Comment

Everyone who hasn't heard back has made it through all of the first readers and are being read by the editors now. (The first readers actually finished the other day, but I didn't have a chance to post an update!)

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Thanks for the update, Brian! Is there any sense of how long the editors will take to make their final decisions? Or is it a wait-and-see / be patient, little grasshoppers kind of situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristopher Kelly View Post
                  Thanks for the update, Brian! Is there any sense of how long the editors will take to make their final decisions? Or is it a wait-and-see / be patient, little grasshoppers kind of situation?
                  I need to look over the list again and see how many total stories there are. This has taken much longer than we planned because we underestimated how many authors would have stories ready to submit. I hate long turnaround times on submissions, so I'm very sorry about the wait. I've been submitting stories for publication for nearly 20 years now (wow, that makes me feel old) and the worst part has always been the wait. We'll figure out a way to get everyone answers much quicker the next time around!

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Oh, it's okay. I certainly understand. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                      I need to look over the list again and see how many total stories there are.
                      My guess is...5 stories left. Pretty good odds!

(I'm probably off by 60 or so. )

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Wehunt View Post
                        My guess is...5 stories left. Pretty good odds!
                        That would make me very happy.

Comment

Haha -- if you believe reports on Duotrope and Submission Grinder, there are likely at least around thirty. I tend to imagine only about 10% of submitters use those tools, so my guess is more like 100-300, probably. Might be a while yet! In the meantime ... whiskey! And more writing!

Comment

Yeah, who knows. I'm only reading tea leaves over here. I usually guesstimate 8-10% of submissions make it to some sort of a "final round." With 800+ stories that comes to about 65-80. And we all know that guessing is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Wehunt View Post
                              Yeah, who knows. I'm only reading tea leaves over here. I usually guesstimate 8-10% of submissions make it to some sort of a "final round." With 800+ stories that comes to about 65-80. And we all know that guessing is fun!
                              65-80 ... might be about right.

Guessing is fun. At least, I think so.

Cemetery Dance plays hard to get. I dig it.

Comment

Apologies for some of the content in those last posts. Late night with the whiskey.

Bottom line is: I'm looking forward to my copy of The Dark Man! 19 pounds of orders! I don't envy anyone the task of shipping all those copies!

Comment

Working...
                                X