FEAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEAR

Who else has read this book? It is pure Ronald Kelly and a great story. Good Stuff!
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Great story. Opitoned for a screenplay a few years ago, but nothing ever came of it. Found a copy of the screenplay online.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Great story. Opitoned for a screenplay a few years ago, but nothing ever came of it. Found a copy of the screenplay online.
      To bad nothing happened with that. You said screenplay however I could see this on a stage somewhere as well.

Comment

Haven't read the scerenplay yet.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I still need to get a hold of this one (the limited edition, of course) once I have the money for it. If it's as good as Undertaker's Moon then I will love it.
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

It's better! I think so anyway.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Both are in my TBR pile.I love his writing style.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Both are in my TBR pile.I love his writing style.
                It is certainly a style that is all his own. I don't think you could possibly mistake or confuse his writing with anyone else's.

Comment

When I first saw this, I thought you were referring to L. Ron Hubbard's Fear, which I have read. Unfortunately no on Mr. Kelly's.
                  "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

The book was originally titled FEAR COUNTY, but Zebra decided to brand it with the generic FEAR (so as not to promote too "rural" a story to the book rack browsers). I considered returning the title to FEAR COUNTY for the Thunderstorm edition, but decided not to, since FEAR is what everyone knows it by.

Incidently, I'm planning a sequel title FEAR ETERNAL sometime in next couple of years. That will be after A DARK IN BLOODY GROUND .... which is currently trapped in the memory banks of my ailing hard-drive (praying that the three-fourths of that novel hasn't been lost in the crash.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                      That will be after A DARK IN BLOODY GROUND .... which is currently trapped in the memory banks of my ailing hard-drive (praying that the three-fourths of that novel hasn't been lost in the crash.)
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hope you can retrieve the story Ron.

About Fear Country.Leave it to a publisher to think horror fans are bumkins and the word country would cause the masses to ignore the book.Typical bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                          The book was originally titled FEAR COUNTY, but Zebra decided to brand it with the generic FEAR (so as not to promote too "rural" a story to the book rack browsers). I considered returning the title to FEAR COUNTY for the Thunderstorm edition, but decided not to, since FEAR is what everyone knows it by.

Incidently, I'm planning a sequel title FEAR ETERNAL sometime in next couple of years. That will be after A DARK IN BLOODY GROUND .... which is currently trapped in the memory banks of my ailing hard-drive (praying that the three-fourths of that novel hasn't been lost in the crash.)
                          Cool bit of background. I hope the next chapter did not get lost in 0 and 1 land. The title "Fear County" for the TS edition would have been cool however, like you said, it would have been confusing to people who were familar with the Zebra title.

Comment

Just take it up to Best Buy and let the Geek Squad fetch it. They just did mine. It cost me 75.00 but it was sooooo worth it.

Comment

For what it is worth the TS release of "Fear" is a gorgeous looking book. Take the DJ off and you have a black textured cover with a somewhat benevolent looking book title stamped into it. Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X