LET'S WRITE A STORY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LET'S WRITE A STORY!

The rule is that you write up to one line only (based on the settings of your computer); you can finish with a complete sentence or in the middle of one--it doesn't matter. Try to give other people a chance to complete your thought before posting again. Depending upon how this goes, we may need to get caught up on the action (to prevent back tracking). Since there are 20 posts to a page, the top post should be a "summary" posts. So, I will edit posts #21, #41, #61 etc (or the ones at the top of each page), and input a summary of the previous page's story.

Keep it clean, this isn't the place to release your inner Edward Lee or Ryan Harding. Let's have some fun.

Comments on the thread itself are fine, but please add a line to the story when doing so.

I'll begin.

UNTITLED
    by the CD forum members

It was a brutal summer. Even at 11 am, it was so hot your clothes clung to your body in unnatural ways and every movement made them constrict more. By the afternoon, it would be unbearable. Again. I tapped a cheap 100 out of the pack on the fireplace mantle, lit it, and inhaled deeply.

So much for going cold turkey.

When the knock came
    Last edited by srboone; 07-12-2012, 04:26 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

...and I found an air conditioner salesman on my door step, I didn't hesitate to let him in. He had a bit of trouble with the huge box he was holding, so I helped him carry it to the kitchen table. He said, "In this box is exactly..."

Comment

...".the kind of thing you need to help you stay cool.Now this is no ordinary air cooler mind you..."

Comment

"In fact, it is not even an air cooler at all! Help me unwrap it and you shall see for yourself..."

Comment

Intrigued, I grabbed a knife from the counter to slit the tape on the box. "Careful, now", the man said, "You don't want to damage what's inside."

Comment

The smell made me momentarily forget about my jockies that were slowly migrating annoyingly northward and I traced a thin red line on my left hand. Grunting, I finished slicing off the tape and turned back one flap. The first thing I noticed was the greasy fur.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The second thing I noticed was the sound, it was like nothing I had heard before. I momentarily froze and that is when I saw the grin on the face of the salesman.

Comment

Still smiling, the salesman said, "You recognize her, don't you?"

Comment

"You see we have been watching you for a long time.We know how much you enjoy the torture game."
                  That I had been found out and others knew about me shocked me as much as seeing my first victim still alive.Well barely.

Comment

"W-what..." I stuttered, taking a step back. "How did you find this?"

Comment

"It doesn't matter how we found her not this because she is still alive and looks somewhat human.All you need to do is answer the question.Will you join us or do you end up making what is in the box look like a super model."

Comment

The intial shock having worn off, I slowly worked my fingers into the mat of hair protruding from the box and carefully tilted it upward. Whoever she was, modelling was not in her future. "This one isn't mine," I said.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

"Oh, but she is," he replied. "There have been certain...altercations."
                          "I think you mean alterations."
                          "No, sir. Since you two first met, there have been a lot of altercations."
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I tried to swallow but my throat was too dry. What does all of this mean, I thought to myself.

Comment

I tried to think of something to say.Something that might buy me some time to figure out a way out of this situation.However knowing that this was my first ,and lets face it guys we never forget our first my curiosity was up.
                              "Just one more question......

Comment

Working...
                              X