No announcement yet.

LET'S WRITE A STORY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"And I guess you're right about me being evil. I made some new friends on the other side. And They showed me how you've been spending your time."

(thanks guys, you set me up to bring "They" back into it)
    Last edited by TerryE; 07-13-2012, 08:45 PM.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I paused, still reeling from the fact that the man responsible for my condition was standing in my living room. "Then why the camera, shitbag?," I spat at Sarge. "I thought you said THEY didn't know my work." Sarge grinned and...

(couldn't resist the bit about the camera...)
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

....Said "I lied you dirt bag.Besides they love to watch.So what now dirt bag what now.You want to make a real movie,or do you want to be part of one.I am fine with either option dirt bag.So whats it gonna be.Speak!!!!!Cut this silence crap and speak!"
        I stood there still silent unsure of what to say or what to do.Then it came to me............

Comment

said, "No. I said I know everything, but They don't know everything. They know enough to want to know more. I never met any of the big bosses, but the ones I did know sensed your beginning, and sensed our connection, and had enough power to send me back to watch and report. They were greatly disappointed by your "retirement". We had such high hopes."

(Note: Bookworm and I added the last two posts at the same time. Next contributor, please choose one line to continue with and we'll roll from there)
          Last edited by TerryE; 07-14-2012, 02:06 PM. Reason: avoid confusion about simultaneous postings.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Not taking my eyes off Sarge, I retrieved the smoldering roach and took a last drag. Held it in, let the stuff work it's magic. Now wasn't the time for settling old scores. Now was the time for...

(Sorry guys, I balked...)
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

ending this horror.I picked up the knife and plunged it into myself over and over.With my intestines slowly spilling to the floor I looked up at Sarge and with my last bit of strength smirked and gave him the one finger salute.Darkness started setteling in over me. The end was close.

Comment

settling this. I took the knife and plunged it through his right eye, into his brain. I stood panting, amazed that I was able to resist what he had been saying. I was shaking a bit so I sat down at the kitchen table and lit another cigarette. As I did, the phone rang. Despite being shaken by everything, I answered it. "Good day," said an unrecognizable voice on the other end. "I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on your new job. As soon as you feel up to it, there's someone we'd like you to go see. We'll be in touch."

Comment

Everybody seems to be ending the story their own way. I love it! Jumpin' off from BW's last post:

The encroaching darkness soothed my pain and I stared at my entrails heaped on the floor. I had tried looking for the solution to my problem by looking at the insides of others, but never tried looking at my own. I slowly reached into the cut I had made. Instantly the pain flared up and I smiled in spite of it; it meant I was alive. I worked my way up until I found my heart. It's beat was weak, but strong enough. I caressed it gently for a moment, finally understanding at the end. I closed my eyes and started to squeeze.

I died with a raging hardon. Bet you didn't think you were talking to a dead guy, huh?

So much for cold turkey.
                  Last edited by srboone; 07-15-2012, 06:26 AM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Going off of the BW+Squire ending:

Epilogue:

Sarge switched off the camera. "Well, it seems like the first step was a success. Just as They had hoped." He walked up to the corpse of his fellow soldier and slipped something in his mouth. "See you soon, buddy, real soon... Now They need as more than ever at the front." And with that evil grin on his face, he sat down in the living room and waited.

Comment

The one piece that sarge didn't know, however, was that They'd manipulated this entire encounter. Though They allowed some free will to seep into the proceedings, for the most part, They'd utilized Their puppets for the sole purpose of pure entertainment. Existence had become much too droll on the other side.
                      "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

Well, I originally thought that it would last longer than a week, but the response was really great and we got a lot of good ideas. I'm gonna call an end to this story and encourage others to start another one, maybe one more focused and clearly defined (I'll be the first to admit that this first one was pretty disorganized.) Again, thanks to those to all readers and contibutors.
                        Last edited by srboone; 07-16-2012, 04:59 AM.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I wouldn't say it was disorganized. It was simple - write one line, then someone else rights one line - and fun!

Comment

Okay, I'm going to throw it out that I have an idea/opening for our next attempt. Do you guys think I should wait until this one is completely finished before we move on?

Comment

That's up to you. You certainly can. I want to keep the ball rolling on this one, so that's where my focus will be. My creative juices are starting to seep out. I haven't even attempted to write anything for more than 20 years, so I'm kinda rarin' to go.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Another would definitely be good. If there's a time limit, perhaps we could know before we start? It seems like the story could have gone many ways, but knowing the time frame at the start may help with the "disorganization" and direction of the story.

And I'd be happy to help with compiling and editing the entries. I hate typos and misspellings. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X