LET'S WRITE A STORY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderator Edit: What Has Gone Before (page 3):

resumed the work I had started so long before. Number One had been fully anesthetized when I worked on her last. After her, I started to delight in their pain. This time...

any feelings of doubt were long gone. I was inside of myself and outside of myself; I was outside of her and inside of her; it was as if I discovered the answers to the riddles of the universe and found them all wanting in comparison to how this made me feel.

In my state of newfound glory, I examined the features of my curious visitor. The joint fell from my suddenly trembling fingers. My glee evaporated, for I knew him. From before. My old war injury sang. "You," I gasped.

"I thought you were dead.I plunged that knife into you 5 -6 times you were bleeding like a stuck pig.How....How ....how did you survive sarge?""You evil son of a bitch.I killed you.You sent us into that war zone knowing we did not stand a chance.You got 25 men killed with your stupid aragance.You bastard why didn't you just die"?

Sarge grinned back at me and said, "Son, I did die."

"And I guess you're right about me being evil. I made some new friends on the other side. And They showed me how you've been spending your time."

I paused, still reeling from the fact that the man responsible for my condition was standing in my living room. "Then why the camera, shitbag?," I spat at Sarge. "I thought you said THEY didn't know my work." Sarge grinned and...

....Said "I lied you dirt bag.Besides they love to watch.So what now dirt bag what now.You want to make a real movie,or do you want to be part of one.I am fine with either option dirt bag.So whats it gonna be.Speak!!!!!Cut this silence crap and speak!"
    I stood there still silent unsure of what to say or what to do.Then it came to me............

said, "No. I said I know everything, but They don't know everything. They know enough to want to know more. I never met any of the big bosses, but the ones I did know sensed your beginning, and sensed our connection, and had enough power to send me back to watch and report. They were greatly disappointed by your "retirement". We had such high hopes."

Not taking my eyes off Sarge, I retrieved the smoldering roach and took a last drag. Held it in, let the stuff work it's magic. Now wasn't the time for settling old scores. Now was the time for...

ending this horror.I picked up the knife and plunged it into myself over and over.With my intestines slowly spilling to the floor I looked up at Sarge and with my last bit of strength smirked and gave him the one finger salute.Darkness started setteling in over me. The end was close.

settling this. I took the knife and plunged it through his right eye, into his brain. I stood panting, amazed that I was able to resist what he had been saying. I was shaking a bit so I sat down at the kitchen table and lit another cigarette. As I did, the phone rang. Despite being shaken by everything, I answered it. "Good day," said an unrecognizable voice on the other end. "I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on your new job. As soon as you feel up to it, there's someone we'd like you to go see. We'll be in touch."

The encroaching darkness soothed my pain and I stared at my entrails heaped on the floor. I had tried looking for the solution to my problem by looking at the insides of others, but never tried looking at my own. I slowly reached into the cut I had made. Instantly the pain flared up and I smiled in spite of it; it meant I was alive. I worked my way up until I found my heart. It's beat was weak, but strong enough. I caressed it gently for a moment, finally understanding at the end. I closed my eyes and started to squeeze.

I died with a raging hardon. Bet you didn't think you were talking to a dead guy, huh?

So much for cold turkey.

Going off of the BW+Squire ending:

Epilogue:

Sarge switched off the camera. "Well, it seems like the first step was a success. Just as They had hoped." He walked up to the corpse of his fellow soldier and slipped something in his mouth. "See you soon, buddy, real soon... Now They need as more than ever at the front." And with that evil grin on his face, he sat down in the living room and waited.

The one piece that sarge didn't know, however, was that They'd manipulated this entire encounter. Though They allowed some free will to seep into the proceedings, for the most part, They'd utilized Their puppets for the sole purpose of pure entertainment. Existence had become much too droll on the other side.

Sorry about that, Xia. That came up at the last minute. It wasn't really time, it was simply that this one was requested to be a short story rather than an extended narrative. After awhile I figured we had enough good ideas to bring it to a close. That's all. I really had thought about a longer time period than just a week.
    Last edited by srboone; 07-20-2012, 04:16 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

No problem. Just my personal opinion. Sometimes I have a tendency to want to over-think things.

Comment

Is there a place that compiles the last entries? I got the first two from this thread.

Comment

Haven't done that yet. I'll do that--forgot that we were on a new page.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was thinking about joining in, thought it'd make me feel better to write something. even if it ended up being one line, I dont have the energy for more. Great story though guys.

Comment

Working...
            X