Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]10/31: THE BUTCHER'S TALE (was Oktober Shadows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By my math, that works out to less than 1000 words per month, so hopefully he’s had a chance to wrap this one up. Sure hope so, It’s been so long since I’ve had a chance to read new work from an author who was one of my favorites back in the day.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I just asked Norm for a new update! The one he sent me in July was really interesting, but I don't know how much of it I can share because it was about the rewriting process and how some characters had changed completely from the original draft, etc. So some of the info is probably too "inside baseball" anyway and some of it might be too spoiler-y... Let me see how things are going this month, and I will report back!

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
        I just asked Norm for a new update! The one he sent me in July was really interesting, but I don't know how much of it I can share because it was about the rewriting process and how some characters had changed completely from the original draft, etc. So some of the info is probably too "inside baseball" anyway and some of it might be too spoiler-y... Let me see how things are going this month, and I will report back!

Brian
        Brian,

What was the result of your request for an update?

I'm trying a new approach. Instead of waiting until right before All Hallow's Eve, I'm asking at the start of summer. Maybe that way we can get it in time for the holiday season.

Comment

I’m certainly looking forward to this one, but years and years of hope and patience are lumbering dejectedly into skepticism at this point. Then again, if McCammon can come back from retirement better than ever, then anything’s possible. Keep hope alive!

Comment

Well, here we are - over ten years later.

We haven't received an update in over a year.

Has anybody heard anything?

How about this? When the book is finally ready to publish, can we get the author's related story, 10/31: Bloody Mary added to the hardback? I would be willing to pay extra. That would be a nifty reward for our patience. :-)

Comment

I will not cancel this book, even if my grandkids get it, I will not give up LOL!!

Comment

Two years without an update. Dan, what’s going on with this project?

It’s become my Halloween holy grail!

Comment

Three years without an update.

Brian....Dan...Santa? Anybody?

Somebody tell me I'm getting a holiday surprise this October.

Spooky Mizu
                  (who is waiting with breath quite abated)

Comment

There have been a number of positive updates on the Production Updates page in the past couple of months with a lot of progress being made. But it looks like this one still lingers and I’m not sure when this was exactly posted. But here is the most current on this one …

10/31: The Butcher's Story by Norman Partridge (Four Days of Halloween promotion, formally called Oktober Shadows):
                    We're awaiting the next update from Norman Partridge on this project, but if you're tired of waiting, please contact our office and we'd be happy to cancel your order for you. There is no ETA on a finished manuscript at this time, unfortunately.

Comment

As far as I know, it's still not reached the "finished product" stage, sorry Wish I had better news to deliver!
                      CD Email: [email protected]
                      My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

Well, Drat, and Double Drat (Spooky throws a hissy fit, then a hysterical tantrum, and finishes with a tempestuous outburst).

I wish there was some sort of update, but wishes only come to those that are the most sincere. I shall wait in my pumpkin patch until the Great One finally arrives in my mailbox.

Thanks, Dan.

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post
                        As far as I know, it's still not reached the "finished product" stage, sorry Wish I had better news to deliver!

Comment

Norman Partridge has a brand-new story (his story was individually copyrighted 2022) in the anthology SCREAMS FROM THE DARK (ed. by Ellen Datlow, Nightfire HC), so perhaps that’s an encouraging sign that he’s writing again.

I almost bought the book just for his story. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            Norman Partridge has a brand-new story (his story was individually copyrighted 2022) in the anthology SCREAMS FROM THE DARK (ed. by Ellen Datlow, Nightfire HC), so perhaps that’s an encouraging sign that he’s writing again.

It caught my eye that he also has a new story in the upcoming Lansdale DRIVE IN anthology, so... good news?

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

The Partridge story is quite good. I'm about halfway through the book, and most of the other stories have been a real chore with a few exceptions.
                              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

The Partridge story is quite good. I'm about halfway through the book, and most of the other stories have been a real chore with a few exceptions.
                                That’s very good to know, as I was still mulling it over today after seeing it a couple days ago. Thanks, you just saved me $20, $25.

Comment

Working...
                                X