Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cemetery Dance Title (if you can narrow it down!)

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar

Favorite Cemetery Dance Title (if you can narrow it down!)

In another post, I've mentioned MIDNIGHT GRINDING by Ronald Kelly as a favorite CD title. But I'd like to call attention to another outstanding book (Out of Print---sorry): FOUR RODE OUT. Four nasty, grimy stories of Old West horror. Tim Curran's "Skull-Eater Campaign" is the standout for me in the anthology. Tim Lebbon, Steve Vernon and Brian Keene also contibute to the gory fun.
    Last edited by srboone; 05-17-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: felt post slighted Lebbon, Vernon, Keene unnecessarily.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Stephen King's Blockade Billy is my (current) # 1 CD publication.
    Especially the lettered edition is a great production.

sk

Moderator Involuntarily Committed Antmusic's Avatar
    Dannnng... My first CD was Norman Parteidge's October Boy, and it holds a special place in my heart. My Secretary of Dreams is high up there... Heck, they are all favorites!

(BTW: I think Blockade Billy Lettered was a Lonely Road release).

Quote Originally Posted by Antmusic View Post
    (BTW: I think Blockade Billy Lettered was a Lonely Road release).
    You're right - I forgot.
    New choice: the From a Buick 8 set: gift, numbered and lettered editions. I know, it's not one book, but I love what CD did with this title.

sk

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Mine would have to be October Dreams. I really enjoy reading the 'My Favorite Halloween Memory' sections every October.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Mine would have to be October Dreams.
    I hate having missed out on that one. Looks like a great book.
    Fortunately there's always eBay, but either there's something wrong with the condition (I want mine to be mint) or with the price (too high) of the book.

sk

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I would say production/design-wise, the Secretary of Dreams series is my favorite. I think the idea was fantastic and I think the production values themselves are priceless. As far as just plan story-wise, I think the Simon Clark and Ronald Kelly books are my favorites for plain ole great reading.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed njhorror's Avatar
    I have to second OCTOBER DREAMS.

The book is chock full of autumnal goodness.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I also have to pay tribute to the Signature Series. The combination of the fiction and art in the unique size at a reasonable price is brilliant!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed calason's Avatar
    One of my most memorable reads from CD was Jack Ketchum's The Crossing. For some reason that book sticks way out in my memory.
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I also have to pay tribute to the Signature Series. The combination of the fiction and art in the unique size at a reasonable price is brilliant!
    Absolutely!!! The Signature Series would come right after Secretary of Dreams for me!! Wonderful idea. The different size and the abundance of artwork!!!

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    You're right - I forgot.
    New choice: the From a Buick 8 set: gift, numbered and lettered editions. I know, it's not one book, but I love what CD did with this title.sk
    I missed out on this title, but From a Buick 8 is one of my favorite King books from 2000 on. The way he handled multiple narrators was genius.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I'd have to go with October Dreams for now though sadly I missed out on the CD version. I have the TOR pb bought through CD and I picked up a hardcover version this past October titled as Halloween Horrors as my go to copy since it is a must read for every October.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I would also have to agree with the Signature series books (along with the Novella Series) for what I have read, but also really the look and design of SOD V2 (still need V1), as well as The Passage due to all the extras in it, though I have yet to read that one or SOD. Missed out on October Dreams, though I am quite sure that'd be near the top or at the top if I'd gotten it

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour divemaster's Avatar
    Even though I don't own it, I've always liked the look of the CD S/L From a Buick 8. I thought the story was "meh" but even so I'd love to have that pretty book on my shelf at some point soon.

Junior Member Visitor Midworld Jess's Avatar
    "Prodigal Blues" by Gary A. Braunbeck....... Was pretty much my first Cemetery Dance purchase and introduced me to Gary's amazing writing (thanks CD)..... Book is in my all time top 5 favs
    Last edited by Midworld Jess; 05-23-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    SOD I is my favorite from an overall production viewpoint but my favorite read to date is "Occasional Demons" by Rick Hautala. I'm not usually a guy who even like's anthology's but I just loved everything about this book.

Sooo many to choose from.. just off the top my favorite seemed almost experimental for CD. My pick is Imagination Fully Dialated (I ended up getting an aftermarket slip of the same cloth as the book as well as the IFD II from, you guessed it... IFD Press run by the amazing Alan Clark). Mr. Clark explained to me at WHC in NYC the immense cost of this book to make and how amazing Rich Chizmar was in it's inception through to completion. One of my favorites for sure

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Greenelk's Avatar
    Another vote for Imagination Fully Dialated here, what an amazing book that is in every way. I'm also a huge fan of everyone's favourite sick puppy Ed Lee, and the Infernal series look great and make me grin!

Junior Member Visitor
    This may come as a surprise because it's not horror, but my favorite CD book is Brian Hodge's Mad Dogs.