Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Cemetery Dance Title (if you can narrow it down!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Cemetery Dance Title (if you can narrow it down!)

In another post, I've mentioned MIDNIGHT GRINDING by Ronald Kelly as a favorite CD title. But I'd like to call attention to another outstanding book (Out of Print---sorry): FOUR RODE OUT. Four nasty, grimy stories of Old West horror. Tim Curran's "Skull-Eater Campaign" is the standout for me in the anthology. Tim Lebbon, Steve Vernon and Brian Keene also contibute to the gory fun.
    Last edited by srboone; 05-17-2011, 11:29 AM. Reason: felt post slighted Lebbon, Vernon, Keene unnecessarily.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Stephen King's Blockade Billy is my (current) # 1 CD publication.
    Especially the lettered edition is a great production.

sk

Comment

Dannnng... My first CD was Norman Parteidge's October Boy, and it holds a special place in my heart. My Secretary of Dreams is high up there... Heck, they are all favorites!

(BTW: I think Blockade Billy Lettered was a Lonely Road release).

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
        (BTW: I think Blockade Billy Lettered was a Lonely Road release).
        You're right - I forgot.
        New choice: the From a Buick 8 set: gift, numbered and lettered editions. I know, it's not one book, but I love what CD did with this title.

sk

Comment

Mine would have to be October Dreams. I really enjoy reading the 'My Favorite Halloween Memory' sections every October.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Mine would have to be October Dreams.
            I hate having missed out on that one. Looks like a great book.
            Fortunately there's always eBay, but either there's something wrong with the condition (I want mine to be mint) or with the price (too high) of the book.

sk

Comment

I would say production/design-wise, the Secretary of Dreams series is my favorite. I think the idea was fantastic and I think the production values themselves are priceless. As far as just plan story-wise, I think the Simon Clark and Ronald Kelly books are my favorites for plain ole great reading.

Comment

I have to second OCTOBER DREAMS.

The book is chock full of autumnal goodness.
                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I also have to pay tribute to the Signature Series. The combination of the fiction and art in the unique size at a reasonable price is brilliant!

Comment

One of my most memorable reads from CD was Jack Ketchum's The Crossing. For some reason that book sticks way out in my memory.
                    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                    gamertag : calason

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I also have to pay tribute to the Signature Series. The combination of the fiction and art in the unique size at a reasonable price is brilliant!
                      Absolutely!!! The Signature Series would come right after Secretary of Dreams for me!! Wonderful idea. The different size and the abundance of artwork!!!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        You're right - I forgot.
                        New choice: the From a Buick 8 set: gift, numbered and lettered editions. I know, it's not one book, but I love what CD did with this title.sk
                        I missed out on this title, but From a Buick 8 is one of my favorite King books from 2000 on. The way he handled multiple narrators was genius.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'd have to go with October Dreams for now though sadly I missed out on the CD version. I have the TOR pb bought through CD and I picked up a hardcover version this past October titled as Halloween Horrors as my go to copy since it is a must read for every October.

Comment

I would also have to agree with the Signature series books (along with the Novella Series) for what I have read, but also really the look and design of SOD V2 (still need V1), as well as The Passage due to all the extras in it, though I have yet to read that one or SOD. Missed out on October Dreams, though I am quite sure that'd be near the top or at the top if I'd gotten it
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Even though I don't own it, I've always liked the look of the CD S/L From a Buick 8. I thought the story was "meh" but even so I'd love to have that pretty book on my shelf at some point soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X