Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's a shame that Bakshi made that movie with no guarantee of the sequel. I don't remember it very well, but I did like the Rankin & Bass TV movie version of The Hobbit back when I was a wee lad. That was my introduction to Tolkien and made me go out and read the book.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Love the calendar! The art for September is great.

Comment

I was really sorry when no sequel came out to Bashki's LOTR. His techniques of tracing live action was way ahead of it's time and certain scenes were simply amazing (other's were pretty ho-hum, but I generally liked it.) Rankin-Bass did make the Return of the King, but it was in the style of The Hobbit--which wasn't bad, except for those bland Jimmy Webb songs! Thanks for posting the calendar, Siep!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Rankin-Bass did make the Return of the King, but it was in the style of The Hobbit--which wasn't bad, except for those bland Jimmy Webb songs! Thanks for posting the calendar, Siep!
                          Are you kidding???

Where there's a whip....there's a way!!! That's my motto!!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                            Love the calendar! The art for September is great.
                            I particularly like November's art. (the flash spoils it!)

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              I was really sorry when no sequel came out to Bashki's LOTR. His techniques of tracing live action was way ahead of it's time and certain scenes were simply amazing (other's were pretty ho-hum, but I generally liked it.)
                              My expectations for this adaptation were sky-high, especially because this technique -wasn't that rotoscoping?- got so much attention.
                              I also thought the movie looked amazing. Plus, the soundtrack by Leonard Rosenman hit the right note(s) - I loved the album and and played it over and over again.
                              Have to track down the CD.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                                It's a shame that Bakshi made that movie with no guarantee of the sequel. I don't remember it very well,
                                It's funny, but when I posted these pictures, opening night -when I first saw it- came flooding back. I had no problem picturing the theatre (downtown Vancouver) nor the audience.
                                Not individual faces, of course, but more reactions to the movie. They really liked it - and so did I.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X