Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    If you check out some of the letters to the editor in some of the issues, you'll find me in there!

John
    That's great, John.
    I managed to get one in as well.

sk

Comment

Let's not forget Sieps's credit in the extended LOTRs!

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...heaters!/page4

Famous people abound on this forum!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I love seeing these Castle Rock issues as well. Wish I would have subscribed way back when.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          I love seeing these Castle Rock issues as well. Wish I would have subscribed way back when.
          My pleasure, Terry. Too bad you missed out on these issues. Receiving each new one was absolute joy.
          Here are the final issues:

sk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                      BTW - how do you store your issues of Castle Rock ????
                      This is how, stored on the bottem shelf of one of my bookcases. Nothing fancy, but quite handy:

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        This is how, stored on the bottem shelf of one of my bookcases. Nothing fancy, but quite handy:

Thanks Siep, I always like to see how other collectors/readers store their treasures. With mine, I found an archive quality acid free folder that allows two issues per sleeve (the issue peeks out the top maybe 5mm) for $20 per folder (two folders was sufficient to store all the volumes).

CR # 1.jpg

CR # 2.jpg

Comment

Classy, Grant!
                          I only treat my BJS magazine collection with this much respect.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            Classy, Grant!
                            I only treat my BJS magazine collection with this much respect.

sk
                            Connie has to take the credit (she being of the artistic bent in the family) when she originally asked my how I was gonna store them, the best I could do was give her a puzzled, vacant expression (more so than usual ) so she took me (led me by the nose) to her art shop in Parramatta, and this was the end result. For the price, it couldn't be beaten, I reckon, the downside being the folders don't store that easily, so I have them wedged between two bookcases

Comment

Awesome collection, Siep. Makes me sorry I never kept up with it...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

It is, Squire.
                                It was a sad day indeed when the announcement was made CR would fold.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X