• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

No lettered edition yet.
          Can't wait to see what it's going to look like.

Comment

Well, those are my CD/Lonely Road books. I am extremely happy to have been able to put them on my shelves.
            I'm sure many more will be coming.

THANKS, CD!!

sk

Comment

Regret #34254534535345. I should have splurged for lettered lifetime subscription at Lonely Road And CD when I had the chance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

This lettered edition of From a Buick 8 is one of the most beautiful books I have ever seen! the cover and the marble endpapers are awesome.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Growing up in the Netherlands during the sixties and seventies I was lucky to catch many of the Hammer horrorfilms upon release. Many here I think have never even heard of the British based Hammer studio, but in the late fifties they started a sort of horror revival, re-making many of the old Universal films, with their own particular slant: in color, sprinkled with a dose of sex and violence. The problem in my country was, these films were either rated 14 and over, or 18 and over. As I was in my early teens I was not allowed to watch the good ones, like Dracula, Prince of Darkness. Well, of course I sneaked in anyways and watched my first R-rated horror movie ever.
                    Hammer to me means Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Lee's Dracula and Cushing's Frankenstein (not the creature) and van Helsing are unsurpassed. Hammer also means Little Shoppe of Horrors - a fanzine (almost) completely devoted to the classic Hammerfilms. Issue # 4 was the first I ever bought, way back in the seventies and the magazine is still going strong. In the past we sometimes had to wait years for the next issue to come out, recently Dick Klemensen (the man behind responsible for each and every issue) has upped the publishing schedule to two issues per year. Coming up in October is the long awaited Fearless Vampires (or, Dance of the vampires) issue. not a Hammer flick, but Polanski's classic vampire opus. Can't wait.
                    For those here interested, I've got a complete collection. the first two issues are reprints, the rest originals.

sorry about the flash....

sk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

If you don't already have them, I have a few suggestions for you.

Cinema 57 La Fantastique, according to Fory this is the first horror mag.
                            The House that Hammer Built http://cgi.ebay.com/House-Hammer-Bui...#ht_500wt_1156
                            Dark Terrors

And there was a Hammer Horror Film Omnibus book, and a 2nd.

I too, have a great love for Hammer films and to a lesser extent Amicus.

Comment

Thanks for the info: appreciated!
                              Amicus I find so-so, Hammer was much better.
                              The classic Hammer films are some of the best horror-movies ever: Brides of Dracula, The Mummy, Horror of Dracula, etc. Not scary at all, but just beautiful to look at.

sk

Comment

Time to post some more books. Stephen Donaldson is an author I discovered way back in the seventies. His Thomas Covenant Chronicles blew me away and I've been a fan since. I love the fact he's working on his Final chronicles, which I'm not reading yet, but saving up till 2013, when this series will be complete. His fantasy is awesome, but I also love his Science Fiction series, The Gap.
                                Intense stuff!

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X