Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frik51's Collection

Books and magazines are my passion: especially Stephen King books and movie/monster (so-called) magazines. Famous Monsters of Filmland started it all -in 1958- and it and many others is/are still growing strong.

Monsters From the Vault is one of my favorites. It specializes in older horror movies, you know, the ones with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugoso, but within its pages is so much more to admire. Contentwise it's hard to beat: amazingly insightful articles on movies you thought you knew everything about - but didn't, and the lay-out is simply awesome.

Incredible: MFtV is a one-man show. I mean, many people are responsible for writing the articles, but it's all put together and published -twice a year- by one person, Jim Clatterbaugh, one of the kindest, most generous people I've ever had the pleasure to do business with.

I was lucky to collect a complete run: 28 regular issues so far, and counting - # 29 will be out this coming July, plus one special edition.

Anyone even remotely interested in the golden age of horror movies, plus some quality writing and visuals, do get a subscription - you won't regret it.

(Haha, and no, Jim didn't put me up to this.....)

sk
    Last edited by frik51; 05-16-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by frik51; 05-16-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Book-wise, I'm a King fan-atic and I collect as many hardcover editions as I am able to get hold of - in as many languages.
            Limited editons are my pride and joy - thanks especially to Donald M. grant and Cemetery Dance.
            I'd like to mention Mindy here. As I live in Europe, I'm far removed from the hub of things, but Mindy has been an awesome contact, always there for me, always responding promptly, always helping out as much as she can.
            THANK YOU, Mindy!
            And, CD, whenever Mindy asks for a raise - give her one; she's worth it!!

OK -here are my CD and Lonely Road Books.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X