No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artwork for the story title pages in Screamplays. The other artwork inside is great as well, of course, but just took pictures of the title pages

DSC00284.jpgDSC00283.jpgDSC00279.jpgDSC00281.jpgDSC00280.jpg
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

DSC00285.jpgDSC00287.jpg
      Spoiler!

Comment

I love Glenn's artwork!

Comment

So do I! Another thing CD has introduced me to, other than all the great authors I knew nothing about, is artists like Glenn.
          Spoiler!

Comment

Here are a few pictures of the slipcased Bad News I just picked up from the post office.

Front cover next to slipcase

DSC00292.jpg

Back cover

DSC00297.jpg

Close-up of the slipcase. Pictures don't do it justice though, you have to actually feel this one. The seller said it was made to resemble reptile skin. I don't see that on the CD site, but it definitely does resemble it.

DSC00293.jpg

Signature sheets

DSC00294.jpg
            DSC00295.jpg

Dedication page

DSC00296.jpg
            Spoiler!

Comment

One thing I am curious about is who did the interior artwork for this one? I don't see it in the copyright info and it's not on the CD site. Says the DJ art is by Vince Natale, but nothing about interior art
              Spoiler!

Comment

Epic! I want it! Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  One thing I am curious about is who did the interior artwork for this one? I don't see it in the copyright info and it's not on the CD site. Says the DJ art is by Vince Natale, but nothing about interior art
                  Just went on a bit of a hunt to try and answer this the cover art is Vince Natale, the interior art is done by Earl Geier, Keith Minnion, GAK, and we think the last person is Glenn Chadborne, but there aren't any signatures on the art pages and no one can remember.....

Also thanks for posting the close ups of the slipcase. It's my favorite slipcase we've done. We where going to try and match the ILT slipcase to the same material, but we where not able to get the same material in a reasonable quantity. However I think we did a good job picking out a substitute, which I think you guys will like once they get done.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks for the help on the artists. And I have to agree about the slipcase. I love it. sets it apart from anything else I've seen
                    Spoiler!

Comment

That's awesome!
                      Thanks for posting!

sk

Comment

What's even more awesome is I got it for a reasonable $139 as opposed to the other prices I've seen. Was even one other copy on Ebay at the time for $500 and I doubt it'll sell, but never know. I'm sure it could sell for close to the other prices I've seen, I just got lucky
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Just a few picture from my copy of Portents, edited by Al Sarrantonio, including the letter that was included with the book and is currently still in the book. Thinking I will end up keeping it with the book like it is, though if you have suggestions, feel free to offer them

Front cover

DSC00299.jpg

Back cover with all the authors mentioned

DSC00302.jpg

Signature page, (B&W of the cover basically)
                          DSC00300.jpg

Letter from and signed by Al to those purchasing the book

DSC00301.jpg
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Could you share some more pics of In Laymon's Terms? Thinking about getting it and a closer look would be nice. How is it by the way? Does it include stories (fiction), or is it just parts of his personal collection (pics, etc.) and tributes to him?

Comment

I certainly can do. I can't say how it is yet, as I have not begun reading it, except for the introductions. I am considering bringing it with me when I leave for vacation this weekend though. I already plan to bring a couple other books though too, so I am not sure if ILT will come with me or not.

These are the outside of the book, showing how thick this book is

DSC00311.jpgDSC00304.jpg

There are stories and remembrances in the book. The table of contents if definitely long on the CD page for this one, but you can see even better from these pictures how much really is in this one.

DSC00305.jpgDSC00306.jpg
                              DSC00309.jpg

Inside the area that is black on the outside of the book are some rarities of Laymon's and several pictures of him. This picture is definitely one of my favorite, but overall the pictures are great and I can see what a genuinely good and fun-loving person he was, which is what I always hear about him.

DSC00303.jpg
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Thanks! Wow, that is one thick book. And that table of contents, oh my, how did they fit all of that in there?

Comment

Working...
                                X