No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for buying a copy, really hope you enjoy the story!

And that later print of Carrie looks sweet, they aren't easy to come by in those conditions either!

Comment

Second that on the Carrie! I love it, and I need to find a copy of Carrie myself. And really like the copy The Haunting....

Nice finds!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

"And whatever walked there, walked alone."
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Thanks. Was surprised to find that copy of Carrie in that condition. Was able to get it for $10 which is actually more than half off the price on the DJ. It's just a 9th printing though, which is unfortunate, but that's ok. I have never read this one and really need to. Don't even have a paperback edition of it! I like that copy of the Haunting as well, first one of those I've seen actually.

And you're welcome Tom
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

It may be a later edition, but at least it's a hardback. I think my hardbacks of the first 4 books, came from the group of printings just before that set of cover designs. But they did complete my King in hardback collection.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Noooo that is a first edition of that state, i'm pretty sure anyway. The 9th edition comes from all the doubleday printings they released since the first in 1974

Comment

I think it might be a first edition of that state, just a 9th printing. The Number line read 10 11 9
                Spoiler!

Comment

Picked up the Horror Hall of Fame from the post office today, so here are a small amount of shots. One thing I found odd when I opened it was that the DJ says trade edition and the $35 price, which made think I was sent the wrong copy until I turned to the signature page. Gonna have to send an e-mail asking about that in a sec. Have the same thing with my limited of Painted Darkness, though I got that one off of eBay and didn't notice it until a while later

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00617.jpg
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Maybe, simply wrong DJs put on?

I've always checked those. I did like the IT DJ that said $475! I'd like to see a shot of a really high-dollar DJ, if you got one!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Mine will just say Trade editionr $35. That's all I had at the time.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

We typically use the same DJ for the trade and the limited editions, unless it's a high end book like a King book.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying that. Haven't purchased anything else that had trade and limited editions where I've gotten the limited so wasn't sure about that
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                            Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying that. Haven't purchased anything else that had trade and limited editions where I've gotten the limited so wasn't sure about that
                            No one seemed really all that sure why we did it that way. I think maybe in the early days of CD it wasn't really cost effective to do multiple DJ's. We're not really sure now as it's not very often we do both a trade and a limited. I think Brian was looking into it.

Instagram

Comment

Some publishers who issue one dust jacket for the trade and limited display the retail of both on the dust jacket.
                              Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              No one seemed really all that sure why we did it that way. I think maybe in the early days of CD it wasn't really cost effective to do multiple DJ's. We're not really sure now as it's not very often we do both a trade and a limited. I think Brian was looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Some publishers who issue one dust jacket for the trade and limited display the retail of both on the dust jacket.
                                Yea, not really sure why we don't do that either. Although that might have more to do with the book distributors than anything else.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X