No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a beautiful edition; and I got my limited on the rebound (again, "Thank You" to those of you who do not pay you bills), so mine will probably be among the last to go out, if that comes into play.

Nice snag at Half-Price books!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Love IT!

Comment

Down Under sez ... Bring IT on !!!!!

Comment

Picked this up from the post office today

DSC00513.jpg
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

While I like all the art in this calendar, this one is my favorite right now.

DSC00512.jpg
            Spoiler!

Comment

Me and my wife had Christmas at my parents' place today with my small family (was only me, my wife, my parents, my sister and her boyfriend). Tomorrow we are doing lunch and gifts at her parents' place over lunchtime, and then dinner with her dad's side of the family, and then on Christmas we are going a couple hours away to do Christmas with my wife's mother's side of the family. Since we still have some food prepping to do tomorrow we decided to open gifts for each other tonight. While this one isn't all that I was getting for sure, it is the only one I didn't know she got me since we kinda picked our own presents mostly. Definitely is something I wanted and will enjoy

DSC00510.jpg
              Spoiler!

Comment

It's a spectacular calendar. I'm thinking about ordering a second one to save (The one I have will be well-used in 2012, I'm sure.)
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  It's a spectacular calendar. I'm thinking about ordering a second one to save (The one I have will be well-used in 2012, I'm sure.)
                  I'm referring to the CD calendar.

I had an Uncle John growing up. I'm sure the humor in the calendar is much better than his was...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Here are pictures from the Definitive Version of Dracula.

Front cover. A little blurry, but oh well, lol

DSC00518.jpg

These are the front and back endpapers, which actually look really nice to me.

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00524.jpg
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Here are two of pieces of art in the book, which consist of drawings of specific characters. I didn't take pictures of the female ones, but if anyone wants to see I can easily do take pictures and post them. Just looked at the rest and have to say that the artist did an especially craptastic job with the female characters (not that I am a fan of any of them, but the females are especially bad. Maybe he hates women? lol), though I am sure someone out there likes them (considering some people like random splotches of paint on blank canvases), just not my cup of tea at all.

Van Helsing

DSC00527.jpg

A very bad image of Dracula

DSC00521.jpg
                      Spoiler!

Comment

WTF !!!! Is the Count about to get arrested for public indecency !!!!! Van Helsing looks like he'd be more at home at the local bank (and, no, not the blood bank).

Sorry, man, but the publisher that commissioned this guy to do the art weren't really switched on at the time - unless they were doing a Sesame Street styled release at the same time and gave the artists the wrong brief ???

Pity the kid who gets that one for a Xmas gift.

muppet-countblood.jpg

But, hey, the end papers are nice though
                        Last edited by Grant Wootton; 12-26-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

lol, yeah, I think I actually will take pictures of the other art in the book to show just how bad some of the others are. Van Helsing is impressive compared to some!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Ok, here are the other character artwork pieces in this book

Jonathan Harker

DSC00530.jpg
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Dr. John Seward

DSC00540.jpg
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Mina Murray

DSC00542.jpg
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X