No announcement yet.

Dan Hocker's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrr !!!!! That makes me mad as hell (but, I'm pleased that you've come to a resolution of sorts with the seller Dan ).

Comment

Threat of a low rating does wonders for those #!@@$%#$@s! Good going, Dan! But I hope you didn't become one of those headaches that Brian has been letting know about!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nope. Honestly the problem with the DJ wasn't that big of a deal which is why I didn't ask to return the book, and just left a 3 star rating. This other one that I posted pictures of I explained the problem and sent the pictures and they said no problem to returning it, and that the sticker was their fault, and the corners must have been damaged in shipping.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Well while I'm waiting for the last book to come, I thought I'd post the complete trilogy set. This is from Terry Brook's "Voyage of the Jerel Shannara" trilogy / arc. The first book in the series is kinda cool, but given the condition it looks like the DJ ended up in, I'm not surprised that they didn't use that design on the rest of them.

2012-01-31 17.43.03.jpg2012-01-31 17.42.23.jpg

The third book in the series has a protective cover over the DJ. I'm not a big fan of those covers, so I may attempt to remove it, if I think it can be done without harming the DJ.

Instagram

Comment

Very nice set, Dan. I have a few books with clear jacket like that (from my grandmother's collection)--they tend to get scratched easily and then show on book covers that are darker. At least the older ones (1980s) did.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Very nice set, Dan. I have a few books with clear jacket like that (from my grandmother's collection)--they tend to get scratched easily and then show on book covers that are darker. At least the older ones (1980s) did.
              It isn't really scratched. It's like the plastic it's made out of contracted and made it kinda "wrinkle". Kind of hard to describe. It's very cool though, and it's only partially clear, to give the allusion of fog over the artwork. Fits very well with the book.

Instagram

Comment

Jackets aside, nice threesome you have there there Dan

Comment

Picked up another book shelf today to replace a much smaller one. Now my other main shelf looks really empty. Although I guess it'll start filling up once I start replaceing my place holder paperbacks with hardcovers.

2012-02-05 21.11.12.jpg
                  2012-02-05 21.11.42.jpg
                  2012-02-05 21.11.59.jpg
                  2012-02-05 21.12.jpg

Instagram

Comment

Very nice case, Dan. You'll just need to get more books!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Did you notice.Dan has the century's best already.Top shelf.A perk of working at CD.Wish I worked there instead of paying their salary's..Nice book case.Don't worry you will be buying another book case before long so don't worry about the empty spots.

Comment

Books in the bathroom. Now that is just wrong!
                        Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        Picked up another book shelf today to replace a much smaller one. Now my other main shelf looks really empty. Although I guess it'll start filling up once I start replaceing my place holder paperbacks with hardcovers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3616[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3617[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3618[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3619[/ATTACH]

Comment

You must not be an edward lee fan.We just had this talk in my collectors thread.

Comment

Actually I am an Edward Lee fan and did see the thread. Taking a book into the bathroom while reading is one thing but storing a book, especially Knowing Darkness in the bathroom is simply wrong!

Comment

Ok you win that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Actually I am an Edward Lee fan and did see the thread. Taking a book into the bathroom while reading is one thing but storing a book, especially Knowing Darkness in the bathroom is simply wrong!
                                Lol, it's not in the bathroom... Why would I have a bookshelf in a bathroom? It's just next to the door to the bathroom.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X